Return to the HortiPlex Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where are the other comments?

Posted by Nora_in_Vancouver 8b Wet Coast (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 7, 01 at 14:16

I noticed that the member Rosebud has posted new comments and a lovely new picture of the Casablanca lily on the Hortiplex. I think there used to be a button you could click for "more comments", but I don't see that.

I know that there are at least two other comments on this popular lily; one from myself and one from Maniac. When I check my member journal my entry is still there. And Maniac's is still in her(?) journal.

How do you get to see ALL the comments and ratings for a particular plant? And all the pictures, of course.

Here is a link that might be useful: Casablanca Hortiplex entry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where are the other comments?

Urgh, it looks like that one's in there twice. Once mis-spelled as Lilium 'Casa Blanca'. Or is it vice versa? I guess it depends on whther it was named for the city, or a white house. ;-)

o

I think I have found out the breeder is Vletter and den Haan in the Netherlands. However, their site does not list Casa Blanca.

http://www.vws-flowerbulbs.nl/Dbmenu/Dblelie/Or/casa blanca.html

http://www.gironet.nl/home/lilium/korea.htm

The Netherlands warehouse and bulb producers seem to uniformly use Casa Blanca (TM). I don't know how to track down the actual name registration, or if it is available on-line. I do know it has been in widescale production since 1995 in NL.

o

OK, I found the Royal Horticultural Society's list of named cultivars and species. It is Casa Blanca.

"There are currently over 7900 lilies registered with the Royal Horticultural Society and probably just as many more not registered."

Here is a link that might be useful: RHS Hybrids of the Genus Lilium

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the HortiPlex Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here