Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

my best xmas gift

the cookie recipe i was looking for ...

Xmas eve got a little slow ... so i grabbed mom's recipe tin ... looked through every single recipe .. looking for that special K/brown sugar recipe .....

was getting pretty despondent about it... when i finally got to the W's ... and found WALNUT CHEWS .... go figure ... special K and brown sugar ... and no search engine could find it .... double go figure ...

here's the recipe ... and the link below is the source ...

off to get special K .. now that we have rid ourselves of a majority of the Xmas cookies .... happy new year.. ken

Walnut Chews ...

3 cup Kelloggs Special K cereal

2 cup All-purpose flour;sifted

1 teaspoon Baking powder

½ teaspoon Baking soda

½ teaspoon Salt

¾ cup Butter or margarine;softened

2 cup Brown sugar;firmly packed

2 Eggs

1 cup Walnuts;coarsely chopped

1. Measure Special K cereal; crush to 1 1/2 cups. Set aside. 2. Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside. 3. Place margarine and sugar in large mixer bowl; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat well. Add sifted dry ingredients; mix until thoroughly combined. Stir in Special K and walnuts. Drop by level measuring-tablespoon onto lightly greased baking sheets. 4. Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees) about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove immediately from baking sheets; cool on wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen Walnut Chews, 2 1/2" in diameter.

Here is a link that might be useful: walnut chews

Comments (3)