Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mctavish6

I hope I brighten your day

mctavish6
17 years ago

I'm Dreaming of spring and summer. Someone mentioned being bored, I agree. Too much snow, too much cold, it's only Jan 10 for heavens sake. Yesterday I ordered 14 hostas from Naylor Creek. Ordering is somehow one step closer to having them in your hand. I'm waiting to hear back from Fransens Hostas about the cost of shipping to Canada. Has anyone ordered from them? Their prices seem good and they have varities not available to me anywhere else. I'm hoping it will work. Meantime, here's a collage that reminds me of summer.

Comments (7)

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

Very nice. It's good to see photos this time of year. It's so nasty and brown here in Minnesota!

Teresa

• faintheart
    17 years ago

Beautiful, McT...and definitely a day brightener! Thank you!!!

It's nasty, brown, windy and due to dip below zero here soon. *sigh*

~Dee

• mary52zn8tx
    17 years ago

Very nice! I always like to see flowers. We have had a couple of warm days and now a front is on the way. I just hope there aren't any hostas waking up. I am afraid to look.
    Mary

• playinmud
    17 years ago

Lovely McT! Although no snow here, so its not white, its brown.

I'm dreaming of hostas too, I ordered from Naylor Creek on Monday. My brother gave me a gift certificate for Christmas, boy was I wowed by that! My family wasn't as wowed though, when I opened it, everyone just rolled their eyes. I've got to work on them a bit more.

And I'd love to see some pics of your place again McT, so I can dream of better times to come.

PIM

• hostasformez4
    17 years ago

You are so talented McT!

Could you teach us how to do that? I'm just taking baby steps with posting pictures and now I want to fly! If you have the time to tell us how you do it could you PLEASE do it before Sat.? Otherwise I'll have to search through all the posts later. Are all the pictures yours? If so, what a wonderful veriety of plants you grow!

No snow here for quite a while but there is a front coming in which could bring some. We hope to miss it but who knows.

Connie

• mctavish6
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Connie, Yes, all the pictures are from my garden. The roses are mostly on the "other" side of the house. The begonias are by the hostas. The similarity of shape and color is interesting. The collage was made with a wonderful program I got off the internet. You can pick the color of the background, crop, add text etc. I made some of collages for birthday cards. I see from another post you're off on vacation for the winter. What a smart move. Have fun and when you get back, if you're interested, email me and I'll tell you more about the program. It's minus 5 f. today so not much like the above picture!

PIM - I'll open another thread with pictures where I used this collage program to plan what I was going to do in the spring - pasting plants on a background to see what they would look like, McT

• Janice
    17 years ago

Yep--you did McT--brighten my day, as always! Thank you!

Janice

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks