Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tmaki

One of your fellow forum members could use your help

Teresa_MN
16 years ago

First of all let me say that Andrea (ademink) is not one to shamelessly promote her cause here at the forum. But I'm not Andrea so here goes!

Andrea has mentioned on occasion the fact that she is the Executive Director for the Pourhouse, Inc., an organization in the Indianapolis area that reaches out to the homeless. Andrea and I became friends not just because of hostas, but because I have a mentally ill brother who was homeless at one time. He is no longer homeless because somewhere along the way, there was an "Andrea" out there looking out for him.

The current focus for the Pourhouse, Inc. is building a Community Center to assist the homeless with transitioning their lives. Their vision is to move beyond the "services and shelters" mentality and help homeless men move beyond the daily task of just trying to survive. The center will have many facets: transitional housing, AA and mental health services, job counseling and job training, just to name a few.

Last fall, about the time Andrea quit posting at the forum she set out to raise $425,000 to purchase the land needed for the Community Center campus. That's a lotta hostas! And a lot of time and energy hence the reason we did not hear from her for a while.

Now, I'm not asking you to donate - but of course if you want to go to their site (pourhouse.org) and click on donate. What I am asking you to do is consider changing your search engine to Goodsearch. If you choose Goodsearch as your engine and type in Pourhouse as the chartity each time you use Goodsearch you will be raising money for the Pourhouse, Inc.

You're just a click away from helping a fellow gardener and you don't even have to part with one of your hostas!

Teresa

Here is a link that might be useful: Goodsearch link

Comments (2)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler