Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hey_j

Happy Birthday 'Micke'---another late one!

Janice
17 years ago

I hope you didn't get as bad a storm as you anticipated for today!! If so, I pray you are able to stay warm!

And, I also hope you take another day to celebrate your birthday in good style and with lots of hosta gift certs.!

janice

Comments (8)

• micke
    17 years ago

The storm last week wasn't so bad, taught the kids how to blow smoke rings with their breath while sitting in the living room, LOL!!!!!!!
    we are getting more ice right now, but it is not as cold as last week, so keeping fingers crossed we will keep electricity:)
    thanks for the birthday wishes:)))

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday! Did you at least get a hosta gift certificate? :-)

• micke
    17 years ago

No........... I am living amongst a bunch of people that do not understand my plant obsession, even my mother who's mother was a garden extrodinaire (the woman could grow anything) doesn't understand, but she did get me a digital camera (WHOO WHOO) for my birthday:):) I have already gone out and taken pics of my pine tree and what the ice did to it (and the branch that now has no pine needles on it because of a careless you know what!)
    I got a new wedding set from hubby, the originals were stolen off my microwave and the guy that did my set, he set his own, all were totally original, he went out of buisness:(( I have a set that I went out and got from Wal-Mart just so I would have something on my finger, but we finally picked out one that is similar to my first set, and I don't care where I work, this time it is staying on my finger! I worked at a turkey farm working the birds and was afraid of losing it out there so I didn't wear it to work, hubby had a employee in the house and was writing up a estimate, next time I went to put it on it was gone, he was the only other person then us in the house so I assumed.....
    I have been looking at all the hosta sites here lately, missed out on the Hill Gardens sale:(
    then I went over to Jims Hostas and although he has some wonderful Hostas all I could do was dream, some heavy duty price tags there!
    I know there is a hosta nursery somewhere around here, someone mentioned it one time, but I can't find it, want to go visit it this year, if you can believe it I have never been to a nursery where they specialize in just hosta:( that is my goal this spring, and by golly I may make it!
    michelle

• Janice
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey Meesh!! Congrats on the camera!!! You are going to have a blast this summer, aren't you!

So glad you survived the "weather" and that you also got a wedding set to replace your first one! Don't you just hate suspecting people of things like that!! I remember being SO SURE that a friend of our daughters took something, that I almost confronted her with it. After months of praying for it to turn up, it did, in a place I could never imagine I'd put it! I am so glad, I didn't confront that person--how awful if I had, because I was so wrong!

However, there have been other incidents that I'm still pretty sure who the perpetraters were but I have to trust that I'm not the "final-judge" they will answer to. Afterall, "stuff" no matter how important to us is just that "stuff" that can be replaced, in most incidences! I do have to say, that the "stuff" I've most resented being missing had strong sentimental ties, and that really does make it difficult to "let go" of!

If you're worried about losing this set, while you're working at something, just wrap your finger in surgical tape, over the set! It should stay in place!!! :o)

Sure is cold here today!

Janice

• micke
    17 years ago

Yes, we never confronted him, he did himself in by stealing a bunch of product from the bodyshop, got caught redhanded, so that was enough for me, but I do still miss that set:( what I should of done was go to all the pawn shops looking for it, but didn't think about it at the time, oh well we still have one another and that is worth the most:) good idea on the tape thing! I am thinking about applying at a cheese factory and if I get the job I may use that.
    How cold is it where you are at? it is 32 here right now, but it didn't get above freezing til in the afternoon, sheets of ice were falling off the houses, sounded like bombs going off!
    I got my car stuck, I usually don't move that car until there is no ice at all, but my son was needing some cold medicine at school, so I made the attempt! got it stuck by the dead end sign, hubby came home early from work, wondered why he didn't come on in, went outside and he was just standing there looking at the car, he seen me and remarked "welcome to the world of rear wheel drive" we have had the car 13 years, but I have never driven it on this stuff, what really aggravated me was he got in it and got it unstuck, showoff:)
    I got my pics offloaded onto the computer of the ice, but now I have to figure out how to get them to photobucket and then I can post them. I am going to be taking all kinds of garden pictures this summer! So happy about it, that camcorder was just a pain, you have to have a different kind of disc for stills, we never did get a card for it figuring the discs would be easier, I am thinking not:)

• Janice
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Meesh, I love snow but I can well do without the ice! It is supposed to dip down in the teens tonight!
    We have snow, about 5-6" for several days now, and it's melted a tad and refrozen so it's crunchy when
    you walk in it. Thankfully, no sheets of it on the roads but it is supposed to flurry again tonight.

Getting pics. to Photobucket is quite easy once you have an account with them. They have a tutorial under
    their "help" tab that will prove very helpful to you.

Can't wait to see your pics.!!

Janice

P.S. "Just give me what I want or things will get ugly!"
    A quote from a recent email "funny"! LOL
    Sorry folks, "inside" joke---right Meesh? ;o)

• aka_margo
    17 years ago

Happy Belated Birthday wishes! Did you buy yourself any new houseplants for your b-day?

• micke
    17 years ago

Yes I did:)
    I have a New Massangeana Cane, a Red Veined Prayer Plant, 2 different kinds of Phiodenderons (got to look up identification on names) A Pepperomia and a wire plant stand to put my smaller pots on, has two rows so saves me space for 3 of them anyway. Going to go back and get one of the corner bakers racks to put some more on, trying to neaten the jungle look up a bit:) need to do a recount on these suckers, I know I am coming up on 80 or so, at least I got 5 new homes that I had duplicates of, 2 Boston Ferns went out only leaving me with 5, 1 wandering jew went bye bye (that thing just irritated me, gets brown all along the length with nice green live stuff at the bottom arghh!!) a Croton and one of my heart shaped Philodenderons. of course my neighbors dog ate part of that one, she asked me what it would do to a dog, and I told her she wasn't going to get any more of my toxic plants, that could of killed her dog! and I was getting ready to pass on one of my Deffenbachias to her, not now! I would feel horrible if that dog died from eating one of these plants!
    Janice, you are too funny:))

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022