Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
micke_gw

hosta peoples check in........

micke
16 years ago

Hey everbody!!!!! I have been gone awhile...... just wanting to check in and make sure everbody is doing okay:)

Comments (11)

• jel48
    16 years ago

Hi micke. Welcome home! ;-) Things are good here in MN. We had nice weather until late November, but a good foot of snow and cold weather have kept the hostas well insulated since then. It's nice and warm this weekend though, mid 30's and I'm enjoying that despite the melting snow. Hoe are YOU doing?

• hostasformez4
    16 years ago

Micke, Where you been hon? I hoped you hadn't gone
    away for good. Just the short time I have been on
    the HF quite a few former posters no longer post
    or if they do it isn't often. Marriedtomud,weed,seedman,
    fenceberry,chocolatie plus others I can't come up with
    off the top of my head.

It also has to do with the time of year. Nothing
    to talk about to each other.

You just caught me before we leave for the
    south next Saturday for 2 months to get away
    from some of the snow
    we have been having.

So take care and I'll be back mid. March.

Connie

• hostahaveum
    16 years ago

Helllo Micke ; Welcome back ! ~Dot

• micke
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have been doing good. thanks for asking:)
    Just been busy, plus a ice storm took out my internet (AGAIN!!!!!!! Every year I swear........)
    glad to see you all here:)

• aka_margo
    16 years ago

Welcome back Micke (not that I have been here a lot since school started again)! It was so warm here in Wisconsin last week we had tornadoes. Just when it felt like spring, we received about 6 inches of snow this weekend!

• hosta_freak
    16 years ago

I'm still here,Micke,and welcome back! I'm mostly lurking this time of year,but looking forward to March,when the hostas return. I added 37 new hostas last year,so I'm looking forward to spring to see how they do. Phil,AKA Hosta Freak.

• micke
    Original Author
    16 years ago

good to see you guys:)
    I still see some that are missing though.........
    yeah I am ready for Spring!!!!!! I dun think I am going to be adding any new ones this year though:( need to hold off for awhile.

• flowergazer
    16 years ago

I have been reading the posts to keep up with everything. What can I say its cold in Iowa and not a Hosta in sight, so I have been working on my plant journals updating.

• micke
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I dont know that I will be doing much gardening this year. So much has happened this Winter:(
    Not sure if I am going to stay married or not........Winter has really done a number this time.
    maybe once it warms up I will snap out of this funk and get into gardening.
    I actually lost 20 of my houseplants from neglect, just not like me:(
    we shall see what the Spring brings........

• Hosta_Haven
    16 years ago

Micke,

It sounds like you are going through a bout with depression. A lot of people go this in the winter and early spring; but, since you've lost that many plants due to neglect and you say it isn't like you, it may be more serious than the "winter blahs".

Don't be afraid to talk to your doctor; he/she may be able to give you something to help you get over the hump and or make sure you don't have a medical problem causing depression.

I'm going thru some medical issues that won't be resolved until surgery the 3rd week of April. One of the symptoms of my medical problem is roller coaster blood pressure and ANXIETY/DEPRESSION. My dr. put me on Sertraline (generic Zoloft) 10 days ago (and of course b/p meds) and it is really starting to help.

I hope everything works out for you.

Char

• hostasformez4
    16 years ago

Been there Char and Micke.

I know that 'my happy pills' have really helped since I started taking them for panic attacks a couple of years ago. (One in five of us suffer from some form of mental illness from mild to extreme,depression being part of it.)

They take the edge off my being able to deal with problems that are out of my control. I would recommend that you see your doctor and try to set up counceling with your hubby if he is willing to do that, other wise go for yourself. We have done that too and it helped us. Check out your local mental health system and you may be able do it under your health insurance.

Only you know if you want to continue with your marriage but take care of the depression first then things might look better. If not then do what you have to do for the betterment of you and your children.

Connie