Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowersformyfarm

A little winter fun. Where's Waldo?

FlowersForMyFarm
17 years ago

Can you find "Waldo The Hosta" in this picture?

Hint: It's the best way to plant hostas near a Maple tree without the tree roots competing. LOL

Comments (11)

• caliloo
    17 years ago

ROFL!!!!

That is hilarious! I have a Sycamore that would lend itself to something like that... I think I will give it a shot with a chunk of undulata this spring.

Alexa

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    17 years ago

i dont see any out in the road .... lol ...ken

• ademink
    17 years ago

lol ken

• Janice
    17 years ago

Too funny!!! I've seen it all now, I think! But, like Ken has alluded--where are the ones growing in your driveway???
    You do seem to have a "hosta-challenged-farm, don't you! Not a place for hosta wimps!!LOL

Thanks for the laugh!!

janice

• micke
    17 years ago

how funny!! I love your Maple, it has character:) looks like the perfect spot to sit in and daydream, lucky hosta.

• FlowersForMyFarm
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Don't worry, I DO have a hosta growing in the driveway! LOL

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

Karen - what's with all the lawn?????? and your lawn in flat ................ oh how I wish that were my yard!

• FlowersForMyFarm
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Teresa - we've got about 4 acres of "lawn" and I think I only have a little over 200 hostas so there's still a little room for expansion here. I just wish there was enough time for all the grand gardening plans I have.

If you'd like, you can bring down a carload of hostas - I'll let you plant them wherever you'd like and hey....I'll even let you call it your yard! Hehehehe....

• Janice
    17 years ago

Hmmmmm--that driveway-hosta seems really adaptable--is it the same "variety"
    that's in your tree??? :O)

• FlowersForMyFarm
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yep, it's the very same one....and unfortunately I don't really remember if I ever did get it planted somewhere as I had planned so I fear I may find it this spring in a driveway to one of the farm buildings. (blush) If I do, I'll just say I was testing Ken's theory!

• Janice
    17 years ago

Works for me!!!LOL

And, I do love your "land" and obviously unobstructed view!!! Sigh!

janice