Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toymr2mk2

m2m.....mia?

toymr2mk2
17 years ago

I know Curtis decided not to hang here with us any longer a while back but it seems like he has gone completely missing. Haven't heard anything from him over on the other hosta forum he frequented either. Has anybody heard from him? I was expecting to see a million seedling pics by now.

Comments (23)

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

I have emailed him a number of times with no response. I'm actually kind of worried about him. eKn - do you know how to get in touch with Curtis?

Teresa

• toymr2mk2
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Teresa,
    I too have emailed him numerous times with no response. Very unlike Curtis. And am a little concerned myself. Just hoping all is well with him and he is just too busy with all of those babies right now.......

• FlowersForMyFarm
    17 years ago

I've been wondering about him too. I've been checking the other forum as well for seedling photos - I'd love to see what all of his crosses produced. I hope he's OK too. He's the one that gave me the courage to try my first crosses last year!

• ademink
    17 years ago

I also emailed him 2-3 weeks ago and haven't received a response.

• Janice
    17 years ago

I bet "you", could solve this mystery!

You've had personal contact with him, (or so I thought) so I bet you could give him a call and tell him
    we're all very concerned, of late, and hope he and his family are all right!!!

Have you, indeed, "spoken" with him, lately?

No "pressure", here--REALLY!! :O)

{{gwi:887754}}

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

Okay folks. I just called him and the call cancelled .....meaning I think that his phone is disconnected. Maybe he shut down his land line and just has a cell phone, but I'm worried nontheless.

Any suggestions. I found the phone number of a neighbor that lives (I think) next door. Would it be too wacky to call him?

Teresa

• Janice
    17 years ago

If I were the neighbor, I think I'd be reluctant to give out any information about my neighbor
    to anyone I don't know, in today's world anyway! Maybe you could email ken, and nudge "him",
    in case he hasn't seen our concern here today! :O)

JMHO,
    janice

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

I finally got through to Curtis' answering machine. I left a message saying that since I had scored a Hyuga Urajiro from Hideko for him last year - that entitled me to barge into his life and demand to know how he is and what's going on! lol I left my phone number but also alerted him to this thread. I hope he stops in to say hello and has some seedling photos to share with us!

Teres

• Janice
    17 years ago

I think that Curtis' beef with GW has outweighed the benefits "he" and "we" have had
    with his being amongst us--especially when "they/GW" could care less if he, or any one of us
    as an individual, posts or not! It's just not "personal" with a money-making business, such as
    is the case with GardenWeb/iVillage, and should not be interpreted as such!

"Forget it", the protest, Curtis, and come back--we'd all like to see you here, but if
    "we", as individuals and a group "just aren't worth it" to you, to drop your protest against
    "them" to be with us, we will just have to continue to miss you!

Just give this some more thought, and I think you will realize--it's not about "them"
    it's all about "us" who find this a great place to "unite" and celebrate "hosta"!
    We are the "users" of their site, from which they also benefit! I think there is a scientific term for
    a mutually beneficial "relationship" like that--anyone? "Marriage" may be a lay-man's term
    that could work to describe this symbiotic thing! So--drop the "divorce proceedings", if you will! LOL

I don't mean this as harsh as it reads--but, I think you already know, you are more than "welcomed"
    by us, but I just don't think we should continue to "press/beg you" if you are not interested!

However, we ARE concerned about how you are doing, as with anyone who "disappears" for a long
    time--so maybe you can let "someone" know you are okay! :O)

As always,
    Janice/Hey-J

• micke
    17 years ago

I do hope he is okay, I hope someone hears from him soon.
    I get the inkling that he is okay or else someone would of said something by now??
    He was the first person I got to know here, he helped me out a lot while I was fumbling around trying to find my internet feet so to speak, asked him a lot of questions!!
    thank you for that curtis, and please let someone know how you are doing:)

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

I got an email from Curtis! He's been in Wisconsin......without a computer apparently! He said:

"Tell everyone that has asked that it made my day."

He said he will be in touch with everyone soon.

Teresa

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    17 years ago

you know.. most people go south for the winter... not further north .. lol .... ken

• caliloo
    17 years ago

LOL Ken!

Tell Curtis that I am looking forward to hearing from him too....

A

• FlowersForMyFarm
    17 years ago

So glad to hear he's OK, thanks for checking for us, and I have to agree with Ken....Wisconsin's no place to spend your winter!!! LOL

• bunnycat
    17 years ago

Looking forward to seeing his posts and pics again soon. Hope his frozen mud thaws out soon.
    ~Bunnycat.

• Janice
    17 years ago

Great to know he's okay--and "Wisconsin" just can't be, "the place to be"-- especially Winter 2006/07!

We look forward to hearing from you, Curtis!

janice

• mctavish6
    17 years ago

hosta people are great aren't they?!! I'm impressed with how much everyone cares about people they have never met and may never meet. You guys are wonderful. Does anyone know about the young woman that was going to have a baby (a year or so ago) and sort of disappeared? I don't remember the name but I was always concerned for her if there were problems with the baby since I went through that myself. McT

• Janice
    17 years ago

Me too, "McT" about "kiterloo"! I've tried to email her through GardenWeb and the personal address
    I one time had and none have bounced but I've heard nothing back! I really am concerned, myself!
    You'd think if she's alright we'd hear something back!!

janice

• playinmud
    17 years ago

Hi all, Had a free minute (don't get them much anymore). I am sooo glad I stumbled onto this thread, it shows me the tenor of everyone's character. You're all great!

Mostly I'm glad you solved the Curtis mystery! I had written to him a few months ago, but never got a response and just assumed that he was closing the GW chapter of his life completely (obviously a bad assumption).

Teresa, you get a gold star for being so resourceful in tracking him down! I'm glad he's well and hopefully enjoying himself in the bitter cold of the North!

PIM

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

A gold star ??????????? How about a gold hosta!

• playinmud
    17 years ago

You're right T, what was I thinking, you should get a gold hosta! Preferably a ruffled gold one of Kent's. ;o)

Donna

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

The gold hosta is on the way in the form of Dancing Queen. I can't wait!

• micke
    17 years ago

How great is that? you lucky thing you:)