Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
playinmud

Happy Spring!!!

playinmud
17 years ago

Good morning everyone, just wanted to wish you a happy first full day of Spring! I hope everyone is looking forward to the increasing daylight and spending time in the garden.

Even though there's snow on the ground here and the temps are low, I'm truly hopeful it'll all be a faded memory soon and our beloved hostas will be waking up. I know you all in warmer climes are enjoying your hostas already (lucky you!).

AND I'm looking forward to folks hopping onto the internet more often and joining in this forum (talking about myself too).

Donna ;o)

Comments (10)

• Hosta_Haven
    17 years ago

Happy Spring to you too, Donna!

I have lots of plants starting to poke up...my Crazy Daisies are 5" tall, black-eyed Susans, creeping phlox (are they evergreen?), lots of tulips, irises, and even a wee bit of daylily!

No hosta yet (probably a good thing) but with the temps warming up to low 60's and rain in the forecast, I am sure they'll be popping up in a couple of weeks.

Char

• caliloo
    17 years ago

Happy Spring!

It won't be long now until we are all too busy to post! LOL! Come on warm weather!

Alexa

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

It's mid 50's and raining here. Hopefully that will be rid of the rest of that nasty brown snow that's left!

• hosta_freak
    17 years ago

Sorry,Donna,but it's 74 here now and hostas are unfurling their leaves even as I am Typing this! This might just last! Happy Spring!! Phil

• i_dig_it
    17 years ago

Happy Spring!
    I was outside just about all day, raking, trimming and just enjoying the warm fresh air!

Our snow has been gone for a couple of weeks now and it's been in the upper 60's. We've had quite a bit of rainfall, but that's ok.

After removing the leaves I discovered the Columbines, Sedum, Violas, and a few others are showing their green.
    I also have teeny tiny eyes from Popo, Frances Williams, and Undulata Albomarginata peeking out.

I love spring!

Janet

• hostared
    17 years ago

Phil your killing us up North!
    What I would give to see an unfurl right now or better yet Sea Fire blazing out. I know it's coming. I do have baby eyes popping...sorry Teresa I know it's still cold in MN.
    Things are starting and the sun feels good at 60 degrees.

But Phil please no pictures my heart is longing. lol

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

It's going to be 60 here today and most of the weekend!

This photo was taken 3 weeks ago today!

• hosta_freak
    17 years ago

Sorry,Red,I won't post any more pictures! Phil

• hostared
    17 years ago

Just kidding Phil. I love your pictures.
    When I see your pictures I just know we are just behind you about a month. I am so jealous of people with longer growing seasons than us. LOL
    Although with the warm weather this week and next week the eyes will be popping. I did see eyes above ground by 1/4 inch yesterday. There acoming. Yahooooooo

PS Teresa that mushroom picture gives me the chills......I hope it's long gone.

• playinmud
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Phil you're killing me too!! We had a threat of snow this past Saturday night, but thankfully it never happened (Looking at your photo Teresa, I'm glad it didn't!!). The weather folks keep taunting us with the hope of 70 degree temperatures, but we barely hit 50 yesterday, and it was only 34 degrees this morning when I left for the office.

I guess from a practical standpoint its better for the hostas if they sleep as much as they can until the threat of frost is gone. I had a lot of heave, and am trying to get everything back into the ground (or should I say mud).