Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostasformez4

What else can happen?

hostasformez4
17 years ago

If any of you are wondering where I've been, my computer died just when we were having highspeed internet installed!

I was able to retrive some of my stored information but not all so it's start over for me.

Now it's relearn everything on this new computer which has Windows Vista which so far I'm not crazy about.

It should be a lot quicker finding things as soon as I figure out what's what! This old dog is a slow learner!

Connie

Comments (6)

• caliloo
    17 years ago

Hey Connie

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your old computer - that rots that you lost a bunch of stuff.

And don't worry - you will hav eit all figured out in no time! LOL!

Alexa

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

I have Windows Vista or shall I say Vista Hades on my new laptop. This is one operating system that was rolled out with too many bugs in it!

• buff24
    17 years ago

Sorry to hear about your computer problems... I learned my lesson with a similar experience about 2 years ago. My less-than-1-year-old computer died on me (massive hard drive failure) and I lost EVERYTHING, not one single bit of data could be recovered... Nothing too critical, but I was working on a picture slide-show for a 40th anniversary party which we were getting ready to throw for my folks, so I lost all my hard work on that project. Anyway, after we got the pc back (it's the one I'm still using now) I went out and bought an external hard drive (they typically connect through USB or firewire) and it came with software that performs automatic data back-ups twice a week (or however often you want it to.) Now if the pc dies, I still have all my data backed up externally! They are not too expensive, I think the one I have is 300GB, so plenty of storage. Another option is to occassionally burn your data to DVD or multiple CD's, or some people do both (external hard drive and DVD/CD backup.)

Buff

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    17 years ago

What else can happen??????

late heavy frost
    tornadoes
    hurricanes
    plagues of slugs
    or vermin
    deer

lots can happen .... ken

• hostasformez4
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ken,

Thanks for the heavy stuff I can now worry about!!!!!!

You should have added one of the many astroids that could do us all in if it touched the earth! LOL! Now that's heavy!!!

You always know how to put us back on level ground.

A couple of those diasters you mentioned were very close to where we were in Florida and Arkansas this past winter.

We get so ingrossed in the little things that happen to us that we are not thankful enough for our over all well being.

The first offical day of Spring was yesterday!! I have crocus blooming here in IL. It's a beautiful day today.
    TBTG

Connie

• playinmud
    17 years ago

Connie, Sorry to hear about your trying times! I hate when things go "kaflooie", especially when everything was running like a well oiled machine.

My computer is really old (bought it in 2001), still running windows 98 on it. I'm due for a new one at some point, with all the hosta pictures I've been taking over the past two years I'm running out of space. You'll have to let me know what kind you got, could use some input.

I hope you get everything straightened out soon.

Donna