15 years ago

Remodeling Forum
    Home Repair Forum
    Home Decoratoring Forum
    Appliance Forum
    Laundry Forum
    Cleaning Forum
    Garden Accoutrements Forum

And, sometimes it use to be fun to pop in and out of the Hot Topics Forum--but it can definitely get too 'hot'
    there!!! I had to stop lurking there, cause my blood pressure would escalate and I don't even have blood pressure
    problems---normally!

I mostly lurk on any of those I've listed!

Wouldn't it be fun to create a 'sketch' or profile of each of us based on our favorite forums?? LOL

"Let's see--Janice--obviously has remodeled, repaired and redecorated and in the process needed a new washer
    and dryer! As a result of the on-going remodeling and redecorating, the house is a mess and needs some serious cleaning!

When it gets too quiet around her house she resorts to eavesdropping on people beating their heads together on the
    hot topics forum! When that gets old, she goes to the Accoutrements Forum to see what she can make from all the leftovers
    from the remodel!"

Yep--pretty much says it all!

• alexis717_df
    15 years ago

OMGoodness, I forgot, my favorite, and the one I visit the most:

HOSTA Forum

Also; Jel 48 thank you for alerting me to the Pets Forum. Had to take my cat in for emergency surgery last Sunday and the Pet Forum gave me a lot of info on his condition.

• jel48
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I hope your cat is ok, Alexis. Please let us know how he does.

• alexis717_df
    15 years ago

Jel 48,
    Thank you for your concern. It was a little touchy, but he is fine now. I brought him home last night (he was there 4 nights) and he was quite happy about that. Purr Purr Purred all night.

Alexis

• trudy_gw
    15 years ago

Cooking
    Soil and Composting

• mary52zn8tx
    15 years ago

Alexis, glad your cat is better.
    I check out these forums regularly:
    Hosta is my home page.
    I lurk at Hallsons
    Texas gardening
    Kitchen
    Home decorating
    Kitchen table

I have researched several times in these but don't go there all the time:
    Appliances
    Remodeling
    Propagation
    Gardening with stone
    Windows
    Maples and Japanese gardening for JM info.
    Wedding while planning DD's wedding in September.

When I want to find a book to read I go to Reader's Paradise, but I mainly come away feeling small and insignificant after seeing all of their lists.

I go to Hot Topics often. I wish the debate was more balanced, and they are so rude that I doubt I would ever enter the discussions there. I do keep going back--kind of like watching a train wreck. I know what you mean about blood pressure, Janice. I just noticed that you and I go to many of the same forums.

If they had a forum kind of like curb appeal, I would go there all the time. They do some of that with photo-shop on the home decorating forum. I love to see how houses can be changed with landscaping, paint and other improvements.

• Janice
    15 years ago

Hey Mary!! Wonder if we're ever 'lurking' at the same time on some of those! I love the home decorating one, alot and right now I'm hovering on the 'Flooring' forum!

We're trying to finish up a redo of our family room/previous garage and I took up all the carpeting and pad a couple
    of weeks ago and ripped out the one wall's dark paneling! Looked great 27 years ago when we wanted warm and cozy with our newly rustic (with fireplace) room! Now, it seems I want light and airy! Soooooo, I agonized long and hard over paint colors and finally just prayed and asked God what to do, since if I like a particular color in the daytime, I didn't at night and vice versa. I had already purchased about six of those sample sizes from Sherwin Williams and Lowes. Almost immediately, (after my cry for help--I know, it's only paint--but He cares about our smallest concerns, IME) the idea to go with a yellow I'd avoided (though greatly tauted on the HD forum) by Ellen McKennon--'Honeysuckle' for the upper walls and on the wainscotting we wound up with, by applying 3 1/2" tongue and groove pine planking--I went with Ellen's 'Sand'! These are those full-spectrum colors they talk about alot on that forum. I've used other of her paints and have loved them so that's what I did, without testing day and night--and guess what---PERFECT day and night!! Sigh!

So--now I'm to the part where I need the concrete under the removed carpet to be flat--which it ain't! It has high and low spots that aren't apparent to the eye but significantly enough to have to be remedied to go any further with the plans. I spent all day into the night on my hands and knees mixing up cement-like patch/gunk, and spreading into those areas only to find out that it is worse than I thought!

Thought about a self-leveler, but you really have to know what you're doing to do that, as I've been told. We could have someone do it, if we knew someone that would do a good job, but our experience over the past few years is that it is VERY difficult to find people with #1 integrity and #2 a good work ethic and pride in workmanship! Everyone wants to make a fast buck and they care little how well they do what they're suppose to do, to get it!!

All that to say--I'm lurking and posting on the Flooring Forum now!! Not very active though--kinda like this side of our forum these days!!

WHERE ARE YOU GUYS??

• hostasformez4
    15 years ago

Where are we?!!?

I've been drooling over lily bulbs on various web sites. I didn't realize that they can be almost as expensive as hostas, while I wait for the weather to warm up. I will have to check and see if there is a forum for them.

We had a quieter vacation than in other years in FL. I did lots of eating(bad) and reading (relaxing), and made a list of things to do or change in my home and outside in the garden. I read it to my Hubby as we were coming home and it is a wonder we didn't have an accident from his reaction!! LOL He is not a willing helper.

Connie

• jel48
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Connie, I was just starting with day lilies in MN before I moved. I put a few in and just got to enjoy them that first summer. Now, I hear the deer like day lilies almost as much as they like hosta!@%&*#@!

Gary and I have been pouring over the Schriener's Iris listings... I do love Iris. My grandma's yard was planted to Iris and Peonies all around the outside edge. It was glorious in the spring!

Janice, I might check out any tree related forums soon. We found that we can order certain varieties from the Conservation District here at very reasonable prices (Small trees, of course, 2-3 footers mostly) and I've ordered 10 each of Mountain Ash, Paper (white) Birch, Black Cherry, Roselow Sargent Crabapple plus 10 each of a couple of shrubs, Highbush Cranberry and Serviceberry, plus 10 Rygisa Rise bushes. Those should all be here the first weekend in May so I think we're going to get really busy about that time!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting