Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bunnycat_gw

Attention KMart shoppers! (Janice? McTavish?)

bunnycat
17 years ago

Bargain alert!

I've been stopping in at my favorite garden stores and any store with a garden dept. over the past 2 weeks looking for nice marked down pots. Good luck in one garden store (40% off). In most places I had no luck at all.

Two days ago I tried Kmart, and found lovely terra cotta embossed and partially glazed pots, formerly priced $29.99. All the pots had been put away long before Christmas to make room. They were brought out and slashed to $6.00. That's 80% off! I am SO happy!! 12" tall by 14" wide.

Heads up! A good time to shop for bargains.

~Bunnycat

Comments (6)

• mctavish6
    17 years ago

thank you bunnycat. My eyes poped when I read the price. I don't know if we have the same bargins in Canada but I'll try to get to the nearest kmart - hay wait a minute, we don't have kmart anymore! I was thinking wallmart. I wonder if it would be the same? I've already checked potential prices of barrels. They were about $25 last year. I haven't checked the discount places for those yet. Oh Spring - it's beautiful and sunny here after 2 more inches of snow overnight. Soon....mct

• Janice
    17 years ago

I have a K-mart within 1/2 mile of me! I might just have to pop in and see if they are
    up to the same "dealings"!

Thank you, bunnycat, for giving us a "heads up" on that great news!!!!!

janice

• micke
    17 years ago

bummer....... we no longer have a kmart, we live in a big city now, have to have 4 supercenters less then 10 miles from me and a lovely Target:( so unfortunatly Kmart got pushed out of the way:(
    I bought 2 12qt pots from Wal-Marts today, had them marked down from 18.00 to 5.00, now where can I find 2 hostas to go in them, hmm............
    wouldn't of even seen them but my bargain shopper friend always checks out the discount aisle, she called me on the cell to tell me, she knows me too well:)

• maidofshade
    17 years ago

I have also gotten some marked down pots at Menards--they must be making room for the new stock. It is a great time of year to look for deep discounts before they open their garden centers!! Our local Kmart closed also when Target went in...I liked the garden stuff at Kmart better. Bummer
    Cheryl

• bunnycat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I passed several Wal-Marts, Lowes and Home Depots while I was traveling to the K-Marts on the far side of the city. I'm embarrassed to admit I was afraid I'd get all turned around and messed up coming out of the parking lots. I get lost very easily. I had made myself Mapquest printouts to get to the 2 K-Mart destinations, and just stuck with that plan. I wish I'd been brave enought to make other stops along the way. I do love bargains. :o)
    ~Bunnycat

• micke
    17 years ago

I am that way as well. Springfield MO. really isn't that far from here, and I have heard they have nice Hosta nurseries, but I am afraid of getting lost there. plus one time when I went up with hubby I about fell out of the car screaming at a bunch of girls that were flipping us off, cause we was trying to find a place to pull in as we had a screaming baby in the backseat that needed to be out of his seat for a diaper change, never seen myself get so worked up! But you combine a screaming child with nervewracking traffic (for me anyway) it is enough to make a sane person crazy:) So I am thinking I don't need to be driving around lost in that town, my luck I would run into those girls again, lol!!!
    I actually got lost in St.Louis, and for a country bumpkin like me that was real bad. I have no sense of direction:( Travis was at a race and I was so afraid he was going to get back and find me gone and just have a meltdown on me. I finally found a gas station attendtant that gave me perfect directions to get back to the hotel, Whew! So I am not very adventurous when it comes to driving, had a wreck one time just because I was lost and didn't see a stop sign so I stick to what I know:)