Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostasformez4

Coming Home

hostasformez4
14 years ago

Hi all,

Yes, the vacation is coming to an end . We head back on Wednesday.

such a difference in the weather this year than last year.We hardly got to wear summer clothing and the frost took it's toll. The warmest weather will becoming just when we leave! The one thing that saved the vacation was The fact that the high temps. were were 30 to 40 degrees better than in Northern IL.

We got to see some different areas of Florida than in other visits. I enjoyed the views.

We are going on our last hike tomorrow and they say we will be able to see aligators along the trail.

Another walk with a friend who came down to visit included a standoff between two young couples and two buffalo. I kept telling my friend that buffalo can be dangerous but she called me a chicken! We kept looking through our binoculars and when the couples tried to move around the giants the beasts 'buffaloed them'' so to speak. After about a 20 minute standoff with us advancing so my friend could get a picture, one of the beasts moved off but the big bull stayed in the middle of the trail.

Finally I got braver and we said we would use our walking sticks to fend off the charge if it happened. The bull seamed to see us or hear us and started advancing. I gave a warhoup and we conditioner advancing and the couples advanced and the beast slowly meandered off the trail into the tall grass. Little did we know that just off the trail in that grass was about 8 to 10 most giant beasts!! The kids were glad we came along and 'saved' them.

They told my friend all the things I had told her about their bad behavior. She finally believe me and we all all walked back together. There's more to the walk which I'll write about when we get back.

Connie

Comments (5)

• Janice
    14 years ago

Woohooo---you go girl!! You sound like me--standing off a Buffalo! We just 'ain't got no sense' sometimes, huh!! LOL

I saw a video--or was it on TV of a buffalo chasing an elderly man, round and round a tree/shrub sort of thing,
    and I didn't sense the older guy was winning in that one!

Bison stalking doesn't end well!

So, glad you'll be back with us soon!! I'm praying for safe traveling for you!!! :o)

• Janice
    14 years ago

Where are you Connie??? You're not waiting to unpack before checkin in with us, are you?

• hostasformez4
    Original Author
    14 years ago

UNPACK!!! We just threw all the stuff from the RV into the spare bedroom and started repainting the kitchen!!! New color Cheerful Morn, a soft yellow. All I have left to tackle is taking everything out of the pantry and painting that area. The project was a partial remodel with new windows, new countertop with undermounted sink,new diswasher, and new laminet wood floor. Don't know how I'll assersize yet.

Why did I say all, as I still have a very dusty house to clean and there is still the old diswasher in my diningroom which will go to our son's tonight. Plus the desk a small hutch and cabinet for the microwave there too.

I would call a cleaning service in a heart beat but it's so bad I wouldn't want them to see it!!

Connie

• Janice
    14 years ago

THERE you are, Connie!!! Sounds like you're living in our home!! Right now, we have all kinds of wood-working
    tools in our dining room, and only recently removed from the D.R. the console-type of cabinet (mission style) hubby is
    building for our family room!

I've lived with a gutted kitchen, for months about 14 years ago! We were doing all the redo ourselves and
    hubby was working full-time, at the time so you can imagine how slowly that went! The refrigerator sat in the
    room, about 6 ft. in and the stove sort of hung out too!

We've spent our lifetime together remodeling this house!! We've done 90% of the work ourselves--I have lungs filled
    with dry-wall dust and I'm a pretty darn good dry-wall finisher, myself, having done all that work! In fact, with the last
    're-model' we added 12 ft. out the end of our home, and I was 'convinced' by the contractor who poured the foundation
    and did the roof, to let his men do the dry-wall, and finishing for $3,000!! I am still so mad about that because I had to re-do
    literally every wall they finished!! I AM better at it than the so-called professionals, if they are an example of professional drywall
    finishers! Grrrrr!!

Soooo, I KNOOWWW how you're feeling right now!!!

Glad you're back safe and sound!!! Be sure and post pix when your project is done--okay??

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Hi Connie and Janice,
    Welcome home Connie,sounds like you had a really fun time,execpt for the cool weather.
    So, you just get home and go to work eh,ha ha,you can't even walk through our house right now, all kinds of remodeling going on,and I am facing neck surgery,so I am trying t get it all together,MUST WORK FASTER!!!!

I thought you kitchen was lovely when we were all over there,are you like me, ya just get tired of things and want a change?

Post some pictures ok, I love seeing make overs.

Glad you made it home safe and sound. :0)
    cAROL