Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosta_freak

Where's Hey J?

hosta_freak
17 years ago

I haven't seen Janice posting for awhile. I she sick,or just vacationing? Miss her sense of humor. Phil

Comments (12)

• i_dig_it
    17 years ago

I've noticed her absence too and was wondering what happened.

I kind of recall her posting something quickly that she is "dealing with some stuff" that is keeping her busy right now???

Hope everything is ok.

Janet

• buff24
    17 years ago

I have been wondering where she is too. I will email her and see what she says...

Buff

• goldedger
    17 years ago

Kinda quiet without her "zany" humor. Miss her artwork too.

Sending good thoughts her way.

June

• Janice
    17 years ago

Oh hey guys! Thank you for thinking of me! Yes, life has been a little "tough" these past weeks but the bright spot is our new grand-boy, "Cody"!

Mom, Dad, grandparents and baby are doing just great!!

I haven't been on the computer much, partly due to an unstable shoulder socket, caused by a tear in the Labrum and a ligament, that needs surgery! "Mousing" especially causes me some difficulty so I've avoided it! I miss you guys and hopefully, when the surgery is done, I'll be able to be back aggravating you more then!!!

I was keeping up with what posting there was awhile, even though I wasn't posting, but these past two weeks I've had a death in my family and some friends lost their 30 year-old only daughter, a week ago, caused by severe complications following giving birth, 4 1/2 months ago and these sadnesses have kept me otherwise occupied!

There are other "stressers" but we have SO MUCH to be thankful for and I am constantly reminded of that!

Thank you so much for the personal emails checking up on me! You all are the greatest!!!

Love you all!!
    Janice

• playinmud
    17 years ago

Oh Janice,

What a wonderful grandbaby, Cody is beautiful!! Congratulations!! I can see that loving motherly look on your face...there are many kisses in store for that child!

You know, you're smart to keep focused on the joys of life and to have a thankful heart...bitterness only destroys. The joys of life are sometimes outweighed/diminished by the sadness all around us. And the nagging of constant pain can be like Chinese water tourture, I'll continue to keep you in my prayers!

Donna Romans 15:13 (NIV)

• mary52zn8tx
    17 years ago

We have been missing your posts.

I hope your surgery goes well . My heart goes out to your friends who lost their daughter.

Cody is just beautiful. There is nothing better than holding a newborn baby. Congratulations! My daughter is expecting our first grandchild in October, and I can't wait.

Hope you are up and around enjoying your beautiful garden soon.
    Mary

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    17 years ago

hey j ... they talk of the circle of life .. but they don't expect you to make the whole circle inside a few months ...

your baby hosta sport looks gorgeous ....

volunteer to babysit.. get the camera.. and lay him under some hosta when you get a chance .... lol

congrats .. condolences .. and chin up ... take care.. ken

• hostared
    17 years ago

Congrats on the little guy Cody. Soooooooo Cute.
    I also hope your surgery goes well and you will be back to yourself.
    Keep sending pics.
    Take care,
    Gloria

• Janice
    17 years ago

Thanks all, again for your kind thoughts and encouragements. Gloria, you don't want to encourage me
    to post more pics. though, being a new grammie and all! It could get a bit taxing for you all! LOL

I can't wait to get a pic. of him under a hosta, ken, especially the Komodo Dragon I recently won from
    Diggin Dutchman, (John) on ebay! I hope to be getting another one from another source this Spring as well!
    I just love the pics. of the ones I've seen!

I caved, and also got a St. Elmo's Fire the other day, at our local nursery and I'm sure I may have paid too much
    at $25 but I did have $10.00 given to me by my MIL so I guess it only cost $15.00 and the best part is hubby
    picked that one out! I had Jimmy Crack Corn, in my hand, at $14.99 but I have two of them already and he said
    "get the SEF because it's so different from what you have already"!! How about that!!!! I think he's a potential addict,
    don't you!!! :O)

Again, thank you all---and again--you're the best!!

Janice

• buff24
    17 years ago

Hey Janice!! Were you by chance at Knollwood's?? Chad and I were there briefly last Friday, and I saw an excellent St. Elmo's Fire, a very brilliant gold that just stood out, very large plant! I ended up not getting any hostas (mostly due to my most recent "haul" from another local nursery), plus I had just gotten off an airplane from D.C., so I didn't much feel like shopping.

Glad to hear you're still out there buying hostas!! I am always one to "enable" a fellow hosta-lover to buy more!!

Buff

• Janice
    17 years ago

Hey Buff--it was the Friday before, that we were at Knollwoods, and at the time,
    there were two of the St. Elmo's Fire, and I chose the one with more eyes, even though
    the one with 3 were larger!! They were both brilliantly colored but being "greedy" I
    went for numbers! LOL

So what "other" nursery did you land such a "haul"?

janice

• buff24
    16 years ago

Hey Janice -- Chad and I made the trek up to Meadow View, and they have an excellent selection of hostas this year. I wanted to use the gift cards I got as stocking stuffers! Also, they were having a sale, so I couldn't pass up a bargain...

See the link below for the thread where I posted pics of the hostas I got...

Buff

Here is a link that might be useful: Buff24's first haul of the 2007 season

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations