Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostared

Dog & Cat Lovers - Say No to AB 1634 Petition

hostared
17 years ago

I had been informed about this bill that was trying to be passed in IL last month. I recently received this petition last week from CA about this being passed. I believe its a choice of the pet owner to have their pets spayed & neutered. I am for that. But I am also in favor of choice, this is the USA. Many good breeders will be in jeopordy if this passes. The cost for purebred animals will sky rocket. I frown upon and not in favor of people who puppymill animals or cage them outside and breed them to death. I am for the show dog who is in the home with the family who may have a litter a year.

My pets have all been neutered or spayed except for one dog I showed 30 years ago. I never bred her. (honestly it would have been to much work to do it right)

For those of you who are for this petition please sign.

I am surprised at how fast this got around.

Thanks,

www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/414897802?ltl=1175923257

Comments (2)

• chocolateis2b8
    17 years ago

Ok, kind of a sore spot with me for the simple reason I am in a rural area and have had far too many dogs and cats dumped on me and I'm the one left with the heartache of deciding these poor souls futures, not always a easy choice for a soft hearted person as myself.

I want a law that insist that any cross breed must be spay or neutered and the resources to make that possible. Personally, I have no low cost or free spay and neuter clinics in my area, it is all full price out of my pocket and my pocket has not always had the money before it was too late. I'm sick of hearing about the problem of over pet population when the area you live in doesn't give you the means to correct the problem!

And I would not have to deal with all these flippen dump offs if it was easier for people in my area to get their cats and dogs spay and neutered and I wouldn't be paying money I don't have in order to fix them when they are dumped off on me.

I do the best I can, but sometimes that is not enough, I need some help. It's all I can do to keep these dump offs fed and sheltered.

• hostared
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Choco...I thought of you when I posted this. Really!
    I know you were a breeder and showed dogs. What I don't agree is they are trying to spay and neuter at 4 months. So some of this bill has to be cleared up. Because most the time you can't show a pup or young dog till they are 6 mo. It would be a problem. And I know that people think that since you are in the country it would be perfect setting (dumping ground) for their pets that they get tired of.

So I guess a revision of this bill would be in order.
    It is my opinion that it should be a choice. I agree about the mix breeds and lets not forget the "Designer Breeds" that are popping up and selling as it they are purebreeds...now that one ticks me off a bit. $$$
    Sell those pups for what they are worth....mixed.

We do have a shelter that 2X a year they reduce the cost of spaying and neutering. By supporting them in return you get a coupon to take to a vet for the service. Nice way to give and receive. But I agree there should be more done. But I still like the choice and not the force.

I am sure there are others on this forum that have had pets and have taken in strays and have had to do the same as you. Its really not fair to the animals. It's wonderful that there are people like you who take them in and give them a home. But I do realize the $$ that you have incurred.

So happy to see you post. I was wondering if you were still here.