Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosta_freak

Does anyone know........

hosta_freak
17 years ago

if Winter is going to end this year? How much can we stand! We just had a weekend which ruined most hostas,and now we are having another blast from the north. I wish you northerners would keep your weather! We like ours better! lol!! Phil

Comments (4)

• hostasformez4
    17 years ago

Isn't that the truth! I have no spring cleanup done yet and H tells me it is going to rain again tomorrow so what little raking I do today will be it till it drys off again. We mowed for the first time this weekend but didn't do the whole yard. I don't know if my tulips will recover enough to bloom or not. I can't do any digging 'cause it's too wet. All the climbing roses cains died back and are sprouting near the ground. What a lose that is.

I need to end these depressing wonderings on a positive note.

Let's all be thankful for what we have. We're alive!!!!

A few weeks from now all this will be unimportant and forgotten.

Connie

• playinmud
    17 years ago

Hey Phil,

I'll take the Northern weather any day! You never hear any praise for NJ, but I love it here. LOL!! Unfortunately right now we're being hit by a Noreaster. I'm sooooo thankful its 40 degrees outside, because if it weren't, we'd be up to our eyeballs in snow! Rule of thumb is an inch of rain is a foot of snow...yesterday we had almost 8 inches of rain. Water is everywhere, roads are flooded, houses flooded...its ugly. I hope my hostas have on their swim trunks.

Oh, and they're calling for another storm to hit up on Thursday...this one is bringing snow. UGH!

• hosta_freak
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey,PIM! Just looked at the garden again,and things are looking up! A lot of hostas look like they've been hit by a flamethrower,but many more are putting on new leaves right thru the mushy areas! Some,like Wolverine,lost nary a leaf! Now if the weather would just warm up a bit,they would take off. Sorry about your noreaster,but we are having a norwester,with winds that never seem to cease! We only got about an inch of rain from the storm,but we were very dry,so we'll take what we can get! Phil

• hostared
    17 years ago

Well Phil,
    While you were killing us with your pics of your lovely pips coming up a month ago, we in the North had snow and cold up the ying yang (esp. MN).

I will tell you (lol) we had 60 yesterday and the same today! Night temps are lower but when the sun is shinning everyone is happy. Outlook next week is 60's.

But really I am so sorry about the horrible weather down south you are getting. It has been a CRAZY spring for all of us. You must be going crazy with your hostas that have flush out. Can you imagine the East Coast and what they are dealing with.

I am just happy for sunshine these days.