Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Comments (17)

• paul_in_mn
    14 years ago

Wow! Thanks for sharing

Paul

• phil
    14 years ago

Thanks for sharing. I saw that this morning on the news and was sorry that I had not taped it. I'm so glad you did.
    Now I can pas it around.
    "phil"

• hosta_bart
    14 years ago

it gives me goosebumps

• yardmom
    14 years ago

Wow!

• hosta_freak
    14 years ago

Thanks,McT! She was on Good Morning America this morning. It was worth it,to see Simon Cowell's mouth drop! Then,he had very little to say. That was worth the price of admission! Phil

• Teresa_MN
    14 years ago

Yes - Susan is amazing!

McT - I tried to email you but there is no link on your member page. Could you please contact me?

Teresa

• jakkig
    14 years ago

It just goes to show, you can't judge a book by its cover!
    Gave me goosebumps and I had tears in my eyes when I saw all those young people cheering and giving a standing ovation - true genius can transcend all ages and cannot be ignored!
    The judges' faces were a picture, as were the shots of the audience.
    Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention!
    Jakki

• sunnny
    14 years ago

Ohh my she is amazing. I'm at work and have tears streaming down my face. Not only her voice is beautiful but her happiness really made her shine for me.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sunny

• starina
    14 years ago

Thanks for posting this, it's sentimental as all get out, and really made me feel good.

• sumangel
    14 years ago

If you haven't seen Paul Potts it is a similar "high". 'Same show a couple of years ago. he is a cell phone salesman who sings OPERA. The other tear-jerker is "Charise". 'Almost as good as new shoots poking through the soil!

• jel48
    14 years ago

That IS amazing! Thank you so much for posting it. Someone posted a youtube link to a Britain's Got Talent video in another forum yesterday and I couldn't get it to work. I bet it was to Susan. And, after listening to Susan a couple of times, I did a search on Elaine Paige (who Susan wants to be as successful as) and Elaine is much prettier but you know what? Her rendition of "I Dreamed a Dream" is not as beautiful as Susan's. Or at least I didn't think so. Not nearly.

And speaking of Paul Potts, he's another that takes your breath away. I still go back and listen to his original YouTube videos from "Britain's Got Talent" once in awhile. And I'm not even an opera fan! Susan's number from Les Miserables is much more my type of stuff, but Paul is just as amazing! Here's a link to one of his.

Here is a link that might be useful: Paul Potts

• mctavish6
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank's Joyce. I checked out Elaine Paige and she seems too "staged" in her performance compared to Susan Boyle - at least to me. Paul Potts surprised them too didn't he! Not quite as much as Susan did though. I'm not a opera fan either but he did have a beautiful voice. What happend to him? Did he win that year?

• sumangel
    14 years ago

He DID win that year, had his front tooth fixed, got a new suit, cut an album and recently toured the U.S.....a regular "Carrie Underwood" (hee hee)

• mctavish6
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It's nice to know that talent gets recognized. I wonder if her next performance will be on TV here?

Below is a link to a ten year ago performance by Susan at a charity event. I guess that proves that she's not a one song wonder.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ETPG26ALE

• pondwelr
    14 years ago

Her voice reminds me so much of Edie Gorme, who I consider to be one of the best blues singers ever!
    Thanks for sharing McTavish.
    Pondy

• tangerine_z6
    14 years ago

That was spectacular! Thanks for posting!

• garden_crazy
    14 years ago

McT (and Jel)
    Thank you for sharing those extraordinary links. What a "feel good moment(s). Who'd a thought on a hosta forum!