Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aka_margo

Indy Hosta Convention

aka_margo
16 years ago

I had a great time at the Indy hosta convention last week! It was great to meet gardenwebbers esther_opal, westy, teresa_mn, and, of course, our hosta for the week, ademink!! Andrea has a beautiful yard!!

I just wanted to thank Andrea for being a great host! I don't think I have laughed that much in a very long time!

Jen

Comments (16)

• ademink
    16 years ago

It was TOTALLY my pleasure!!!!! We had SO much fun - I think we probably drove our busmates NUTS b/c we were laughing hysterically most of the time. ROFLOL!

Although the convention was hostarama heaven, I think my favorite times were those where we all just got to hang out (eat, drink - of course) and talk and laugh. :)

• Teresa_MN
    16 years ago

Andrea and her friend Tara were the perfect hostesses. Tara whipped up a fabulous meal and Andrea sure can order a mean pizza! lol

My two favorite memories will be the night we spent sitting by the pond in Andrea's backyard, and the night Tara cooked us dinner and esther opal and Westy joined us!

I have not seen a lightning bug/fire fly for years in Minnesota. Andrea had so many flying around her backyard it was almost magical!

Teresa

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    16 years ago

are you sure there really were lightening bugs.... it may have been the adult beverages .... lol

ken

• Teresa_MN
    16 years ago

roflol

They were definetely lightening bugs........but there sure were alot of them........... perhaps I was seeing double!

• aka_margo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

adult bevereages........LOL! Is that a lightening bug or the moon reflecting off my bottle?

Teresa, I am in total agreement with you! My favorite memories will be those two dinners also! The banquet sitting with Josh will be one that will also be hard to forget.

16 years ago

whats the deal with josh.. some kind of male hosta stripper or something... jeez o petes ...

i have never heard such fawning over a stripper in my life ... ken

ps: unless its andrea stripper husband.. lol

• aka_margo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Not Andrea's stripper husband, although I think he tried to flash us in the attic while we were sleeping. LOL

Probably for the right amount of money the other Josh probably would do a hosta strip show. He's definately one of a kind. He does side show acts, like eating glass and pounding nails into his nose...those kind of side shows.

• Teresa_MN
    16 years ago

Okay Ken ...... inquiring minds need to know. What is behind the "stripper" comments? Josh is definetely an entertainer. But I don't think he ever had to remove his clothes to command attention! lol

He has the energy and enthusiam of ten people and I can't even begin to imagine what he was like as a two year old!

How many 24 yr olds can claim they have been hybridizing for 15 years?

Teresa

• ademink
    16 years ago

Just to clarify, we are NOT talking about my husband, Josh - although he DID do a little dance for Jen. roflol

The "other Josh" was a hoot - what a trip! He can also consume a pound of chocolate cake in about 5.7 seconds!

16 years ago

oh god Andrea .. i didn't even know its your husbands name. .. rotf .... sorry for the confusion ....

you guys were fawning over him .. i just got carried away with the scheme ...

no offense meant at all .... sorry if there was.. ken

• aka_margo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ken, I think it is hilarious that you didn't know her husbands name was Josh!!!

• playinmud
    16 years ago

LOL!!

• ademink
    16 years ago

roflmao - hysterical!!!!

no offense taken at all, ken...hysterically laughing here...you'll find i'm very difficult to offend (I AM good friends w/ EO, after all! ;)

seriously lmao here

16 years ago

yeah.. i am sure you are.. but i seem to get into all kinds of trouble.. when i dont mean too .. glad to hear you understand.. now what about that ERC ??? maye i will hold MC hostage until i get it.. lol ...

ken

• ademink
    16 years ago

i'm beginning to wonder you turd. lol you already have fire opal and that FABULOUS LIGULARIA YOU WERE DYING FOR (which you still haven't 'fessed up if you murdered it or it's still alive). what more could you possibly want????

i'll trade you ERC for MC. deal?

come on, the poor guy died last August, can I memorialize him already???? lol

i already got mount tom but that is not a hosta that should stand alone. too many questions rofl

• Teresa_MN
    16 years ago

Not to mention that mighty fine PEZ dispenser you sent along with the plants Andrea! :-0

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida