Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lucybell_gw

Indy convention Pics

lucybell
16 years ago

Does anyone have garden pictures of Indy Hosta convention that they want to share?

Comments (30)

• Teresa_MN
    16 years ago

Welcome lucybell! I have pics but am at work and have not had a chance to put them into Photobucket. I'll see if I can get to it today at lunch.

Welcome to the forum. Don't be afraid to ask a question. Tell us a little bit about yourself!

Teresa

• Teresa_MN
    16 years ago

Okay - here is a teaser! About all I can get to today!

Bed at Randy Goodwin's house.

Bed in the front of Goodwin's house with a giant Mount Tom in the front right.

House down the street from Goodwin's. They all have hostas and one yard blends into the next.

• aka_margo
    16 years ago

Teresa, your camera takes awesome pictures. I will try to post some later, but they won't compare to your quality!

• playinmud
    16 years ago

Beautiful pics Teresa. But why was that guy standing in the bed in the first pic? I would have been upset if it were my place. Were people walking in the beds like that? Is that acceptable?

Donna

• Teresa_MN
    16 years ago

The guy was in the bed crouching down taking photos. I waited until he stood up to spare you guys the photo of him crouching with a butt crack in full view! lol

There were beds that had stepping stones but this was not one of them. He was from Belgium/Holland. I almost said something but he did seem to be being pretty careful......except for his backside! :-)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    16 years ago

never walk in a garden ... ask permission first...

i presume the guy had such to take pix ...

the host should place all name tags to be viewable.. if he doesnt.. then it should be ok to step in to view such ...

frankly ... if somebody is so excited about your clump.. that he wants a picture .... are you really going to run over there and chew him a new... you know what?????

trust me .. these are professional garden guests ... the gardens look as good, if not better, after they leave ... they usually pull errant weeds.. and place name tags for you.. etc ...

now city tours.. or some non-hosta garden clubs... those neanderthals will bring their own shovels.. and tromp everything in your yard.. and litter the place up .. go figure...

ken

• Teresa_MN
    16 years ago

There was actually a college-aged hunk out front playing hosta bouncer. Just ahead of that bed was one where Randy keeps all of his named, not registered, not in the market seedlings. There was another hosta bouncer there too. The hunk out front was momentarily gone when this guy was walking in the garden. I thought it was rude though because there were other like myself that wanted to get a pic of the entire bed and this guy was oblivious to the fact that there were dozens of other people there.

• ademink
    16 years ago

There actually is a stone under his left foot - look just to the right of it.

ken, you're right about the gardens looking great when people are gone...I didn't see anyone cavorting thru the middle or anything (been there, seen that in my yard during tours!!! lol).

People were really careful from what I saw and...funny...I did see folks picking up tags to read them and then placing them in a more prominent spot afterward!!! lol

16 years ago

they are not called garden hunks.. nor hosta strippers.. they are DOCENTS ....

there should be one for each bed .... basically to herd peeps along.. have a list of plants so the owner need not be interrupted for that .... and just to watch over ...

it was probably randys son or friends.. i believe they are in the requisite age group ... i think there is a hosta named kevin goodwin .. or something like that ...

ken

• Teresa_MN
    16 years ago

Oh Ken - I didn't say their official title was hunks. That was a descriptive adjective I elected to use. We were 5 chicks having fun at our first convention. Stop acting like such a gramma! roflol

Teresa

• ademink
    16 years ago

If he was really a hosta stripper, Teresa would have had more than just a pic of some old guy from Belgium trying to show us his crack. rofl

• aka_margo
    16 years ago

This picture was also taken from the Goodwin garden. I loved his use of minis to border off the garden.

Ruby's garden of minis. If you notice the red light off to the right, that was the red light district..how funny!

• aka_margo
    16 years ago

This was a pond that was converted to a fountain. It may have been Nick Carter's (not the boy band guy) garden, but after while all the gardens we saw were just a blur.

• Teresa_MN
    16 years ago

I think it was Nick Carter's garden. The second one is at the Goodwin home out front.

• aka_margo
    16 years ago

Andrea's awesome pond!

• hostared
    16 years ago

Love the mini's Wow.
    With small suburban gardens, like mine, it nice to see displays like that. Hmmmmmmmm now were is my trusty shovel!

• Teresa_MN
    16 years ago

That is the opposite end of the pond than the view featured in the magazine.

• ademink
    16 years ago

Okay, I have to post some funny ones. LOL Here are some "people pics" and these are us at our finest. lmao Most of these are impromptu, not planned, which makes them even funnier. lol

Me busted after hugging the dwarf conifer (i know you understand, ken) - I have no clue what is going on behind me. LOL

Tara, the armless wonder. lmao She was cold, thus the arms in the shirt...but sure makes for some funny pics!!!!

Me, gleeful over how my 'Twisty Baby' locust will look some day.

Shock and awe over the Climbing Hydrangea 'Moonlight'

All of the girls at Soules Garden

Tara has taken in one too many hostas ROFL

"Show us your dwarves!!!" Though the obvious funny thing in this pic might be in the foreground...it's what's going on in the background that is hysterical

Taxodium 'ascendens' drool on, all of you conifer lovers

The incident that we don't speak of.

Hosta 'Moon River'

• hosta_freak
    16 years ago

Wonderful pics,everyone! These gardens make my puny little woodland garden look miniscule! I still have a long way to go,but I haven't been planting hostas that long. Phil

• aka_margo
    16 years ago

The truth is out, now you know what wild and crazy girls we are!

• Teresa_MN
    16 years ago

Andrea - that photo with you imitating the look of the face etched on the stone.....the little dwarf perched on the top of the stone is Mark Zillis - is it not?

• i_dig_it
    16 years ago

Loved the pics!
    What a great time it looks like you gals had! I only wish I could have been there.

Mark Zilis? Lmbo! If so he has changed. Just what was he supposed to be doing?

Thanks for sharing those pics Andrea.

Janet

• ademink
    16 years ago

no way! not mark!!! lol we have no idea who he is. the "dwarf" is the same guy as "moon river" though. he was like "where's waldo????" on our trip. lol

• aka_margo
    16 years ago

No, that guys name was Cisero or something like that. He was on our bus on Thursday and Friday. Somehow he ended up in a bunch of our pictures.

• playinmud
    16 years ago

Thanks for answering my hosta ettiquette question. Its good to know there are garden bouncer hunks (docents) to keep "peeps" in line! Not everyone is scrupulous. It only takes one person to trip and fall flat on a delicate hosta, I'm glad its not the norm for folks to trapse around in beds. I toured a garden last month, and I wouldn't even dare touch a weed, its not mine.

What a bunch of great pics Andrea, thanks for posting them. What was the deal with the pic "The incident that we don't speak of"? You all must have been laughing yourselves silly (hence the wet seat?). LOL!

Donna ;o)

• Teresa_MN
    16 years ago

She "says" she dropped her water bottle while on the bus. lol

• ademink
    16 years ago

Yeah, I wet myself. LOL My water bottle in my backpack had opened and I was holding my backpack on my lap. I had no idea that it was leaking straight into my pants. rofl!!!

So I got off the bus and looked down and it looked like I had wet my pants in the front.......AND OBVIOUSLY IN THE BACK TOO. Thanks for memorializing it.LOL

• playinmud
    16 years ago

LOL! That is hilarious, poor girl!

• FlowersForMyFarm
    16 years ago

Great pictures! That looks like a lot of fun and pretty hostas, I'm really going to have to do a convention sometime. And I feel for you Andrea, I'm always doing stuff like that myself and getting caught too....LOL

4 years ago

pure comic gold

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES