Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
playinmud

Curtis

playinmud
16 years ago

Hey just an FYI to all of you who remember Curtis, a.k.a. marriedtomud. I heard from him a few days ago. He's doing well, and in the process of selling his house and moving to Wisconsin. He wanted to be remembered to everyone here on the forum. Hopes everyone is well and enjoying their hostas.

Donna

Comments (8)

• hostasformez4
    16 years ago

Thanks for letting us know about Curtis Donna.

Connie

• buff24
    16 years ago

Thanks for the update on Curtis, Donna... I have been wondering how he's doing, ever since he stopped frequenting GW last year... Glad to hear he's doing well! I hope he's moving all his hostas with him to Wisconsin... I remember he had quite the collection, to include many beautiful streakers (anyone else remember "Bullseye?") I got William Lachman this year, after hearing about his "adventures" in hosta hybridizing, and WL was one of his main breeders.

Buff

• playinmud
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Connie, you're welcome. He is such a delightful person, and is greatly missed here IMHO.

Buff I bought William Lachman because of Curtis as well. It didn't flower last year, so I'm hoping for better results this year. He has a bunch of great plants, I always loved the pics he would show. And he was the reason I tried hybridizing...his thread last year really got me motivated. Of course the bees did all the polinating, my efforts never worked out. LOL!! And I don't know if he's taking any plants with him or not. I sent him a reply to his e-mail, but haven't heard from him. I told him he could send me plants to babysit for him if he needed. ;o)

Donna

• FlowersForMyFarm
    16 years ago

Curtis is moving to Wisconsin? How cool! He gave me the courage last year to start playing with my own crosses too. Tell him he's got to drop me a line when he gets settled. It will be great to have another hosta addict in the state. :-)

• megaul
    16 years ago

I've been wondering about Curtis. He added so much to the forum last year. His posts were always interesting and some of the first I would read. Loved his pictures,too.

Donna, if you have contact with Curtis again, please tell him "marriedtomud" is alive and well and living in my garden.

Last year, Curtis surprised me with several 'companion' plants that arrived in my mailbox totally out of the blue. How sweet was that! I think of him every time I see one of his plants snuggled in among my hostas. Here are just a few of the plants I received from my hosta forum compadre.

Jacobs Ladder

Blue Spruce Sedum

Dead Nettle

Please let Curtis know he is missed and hope once he is settled in his new home, he will enrich the forum again.

• maidofshade
    16 years ago

If you talk to him again wish him well in his new digs! I miss his posts also. He added alot to the forum.

• Teresa_MN
    16 years ago

I've heard from Curtis several times since he left the forum, including last week when he emailed Donna. I only saw the response last nite because I have been in Indy at the national convention. As Donna said he is moving to Wisconsin.....don't know if there is a love interest :-) but I don't think he is going for the weather. lol

I plan on calling him tonite or tomorrow. I will let you know where in cheese land he is moving to. There may be a road trip in it for me!

Teresa

• Hosta_Haven
    16 years ago

And tell Curtis to get back to growing hostas (or take them with him) - they grow great in Wisconsin! And back to posting on GW!!!

Char