Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostasformez4

Help when you need it.

hostasformez4
16 years ago

I have always been one to hold back on naming lost hostas for others even if I know the name I usually let others answer the posts. I might add something but I am never brave enough to post first.

Well, thanks to hosta friends who do not hold back and did respond to my unknown hosta pictures I now have names for 6 of the lost no names!!!!

I appreciate all your help and consideration in trying to find possible names for them.

I think I will find more names with your further help and PROMISE to faithfully graph, take pictures, and tag all new comers to my garden so this doesn't happen again in such volume. I won't promise it not happening 'cause I know it will!!!

Thanks and keep guessing!!!!

Connie

Comments (3)

• Hosta_Haven
    16 years ago

That's what we're here for, Connie!

Char

• maidofshade
    16 years ago

Just remember that we are just guessing what we think they are Many hosta are very similar but at least you knew what you bought so that makes it a little easier. I have a couple that could be who knows. I can't trade them as named varieties but I love them none the less. Just try to be good about your labels from now on OK. I did a similar thing with the mini blind idea but my 2 little dogs had a heyday pulling them up and playing with them so now I use the metal ones and a ptouch labeler.

• hostamanfred
    16 years ago

The problem with identifying plants, according to my experience, they change significantly over the first 2 to 3 years.
    When I compare some plants, about 3 years old, with pictures I took last year, there is no way you can claim they are one and the same plant. Nevertheless, the markers are still in place as the year before.
    By the time a plant is 5 years, the have pretty much decided how the want to look.