Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goldedger

Lets see your Furry Friends!!

goldedger
16 years ago

Here's the four bundles of purr-fection that adopted us...lol

Shadow's the Queen and Miss Prissy (she bathes herself constantly)

Smoke's the shy boy but quite the snuggle monster

Stogie's a real laptop kinda cat, he loves to sit in my lap and "help" move the mouse

Rusty is, well he's a very adorable handful, gets into a lot of things and places he shouldn't, looks at you when he's being scolded, understands (I'm sure) every word and ignores those he doesn't care for!!

{{gwi:890014}}

{{gwi:890015}}

The catnip in the planter is much bigger now and still quite a hit - a few neighborhood cats visit it as well.

They've made our home - their home - and our home is better for them being part of it.

Let's see your "Friends"

June

Comments (54)

• Janice
    16 years ago

BTW--LOVE YOUR PICS., FOLKS!!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to YELL!!! Just got excited!!

• bunnycat
    16 years ago

Janice~
    Could you have a separate pet album on photobucket?

• Janice
    16 years ago

Nancy, I have an album set up just for that, but still can't make the others *private* and this one *public*,
    as far as I can find out!

I'm thinking I might be able to open a separate whole 'nuther account with them!

Maybe I'll look into that later tonight!

• koidom
    16 years ago

Well at least most will come out of the house and garden with me, unlike say, the husband unit. and the horses do their best to make sure the compost ben is full :P

Hedgehogs,
    {{gwi:890033}}
    Chinchillas
    {{gwi:890034}}
    Goat, miss west. Great for getting rid of wanted and wanted flowers, who wants to grow things that tatse good to a goat anyway?
    {{gwi:890035}}
    Dogs
    {{gwi:890036}}
    {{gwi:890037}}
    Horses
    {{gwi:890038}}
    {{gwi:890039}}

• koidom
    16 years ago

There not furry, but they are friends :)
    {{gwi:890040}}
    {{gwi:890042}}
    {{gwi:890044}}
    {{gwi:890047}}
    {{gwi:890049}}

• jel48
    16 years ago

We have two dogs... Ellie is a 5 1/2 year old Boston Terrior. She lost her eyesight when she was 2 1/2 years old. Both retinas detached, first one and then a couple of months later the second one. That is why her eyes have that glow that you see in the pictures. When the retinas detached they took on a really strange electric green glow. She gets along very well without sight and although she bumps into things now and then, she also runs and plays with her friend Sophie. She doesn't slow down one bit!

Sophie is our 1 1/2 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. My neices bought her mother and entered her in 4-H. When she was three, they decided to raise a litter of puppies. I had NO INTENTION (ever hear that in relation to more hostas??) of having a second dog!!! But.. the 4 little guys were born on Christmas, 2 before midnight on Christmas Eve and 2 after midnight on Christmas Day. I saw them a week later, when they looked like 4 chubby little sausages, and lost my heart. Sophie came home with us when she was 8 weeks old and wiggled her way right into everyone's heart.

Ellie May:

Princessa Sophia de la Casa:

Our girls together:

I, too, love this thread. What a fun idea to get all of our four (and other) legged pet friends together.

• Janice
    16 years ago

LOVE the pet pics, SO much!!! Keep 'em coming!

Psst, ANYONE--I could fix your 'blue' and 'red' eyes, if you like! :o)
    I'd be very glad to do that for you--if you'd like--it's really fun for me!

• mum2knm
    16 years ago

OOOH this is a fun topic! Here's Bailey, she's a chocolate lab and will be 6 years old in September. She's great with the kids.
    {{gwi:890058}}

With my daughter Kaitlyn and my son Matthew
    {{gwi:890060}}

Sabrina

• goldedger
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OOOhhh I'm loving all your furry friends, hedgehogs and koi included.

jel I got such a laugh out of your last pic of your girls together - Princess Sophia (e) looks soooo pissed off.....lol

Sabrina your daughter and son are very cute - looks like Bailey found Mathew's tickle points. :)

Janice I know it's hard to choose pics (I've got tons of pics of my cats - DH takes sooo many) but post a couple anyways. Sorry I don't know how to make an album private either.

Keep the pics coming!!!

June

• deebs43
    16 years ago

I had no idea that hedgehogs could be so unbelievably cute!

• bean_counter_z4
    16 years ago

I love pet pictures. Goldedger, did you color coordinate your bathroom to match your cat? lol

My garden helpers Miss B and Toby.

{{gwi:890062}}

{{gwi:319966}}

• buff24
    16 years ago

Here's a few pics of my almost 5-year old Shih-tzu, Murphy, he weighs about 12 pounds. He is our one and only pet, and has been our "baby" since we got him as a 10 week old puppy. Now, we have a "real" baby on the way (due in 10 weeks) so he won't be the only baby anymore :o)

Buff

• mctavish6
    16 years ago

Love this - all these guys are adorable. The hedgehog is SOOO cute!

• Janice
    16 years ago

I am loving this thread--Oh, I've said that but it just keeps on getting better!

Buff's 'Murphy' is why I want my next dog to be a Shih Tzu! He's such a sweetie and a perfect gentleman!

Myrle, you're so right about your 'Bo', he definitely looks to have some 'Maine' Coon in him! And, your 'Brody' is such a beauty--love that face!!

Bean--Is your first kitty a tortie? Cute--both of them!!!

And, how can you beat a Lab--well not literally, but they are the best with children!

We have a Lab, as well--ours is black and her name is Molly! She is in the last photo, showing our SIL, who's 'top dog'!

The first pic. is of our Ragdoll, 'Buddy'! He's made an appearance on this forum before as well as 'Beau' in the following photo!

The third is of our 'Precious' a gift already named from a friend, but she has passed on now!

• Janice
    16 years ago

I couldn't resist a couple more of 'Buddy'! The one before makes him look fat, which he is not. He's just
    all flattened out!

The one below is more flatteriing, though he looks really annoyed at having his picture taken, which is the only
    time he looks that way! He is such an amazing personality, otherwise!

Now here's a game for you--what do you think is going on here?

• buff24
    16 years ago

I just have to show these old pictures of Murphy, from when we had his hair long... it was so much work, but so beautiful!! At present, he's back to short hair like my first pics, but just had to share these...

Buff

Murphy with his old "do"

He loves laying in the cool grass...

Posing in front of Honeybells...

• bluepoppy
    16 years ago

Its fun to see all the pet photos. Kristen is a kick. Beau is so sweet. I like the coloring on Carmelo and the rings on her tail. (say, do you have 'RingTail'?) Great one of Brody in the snow.

I dont have any animals, but I am babysitting my parents cat this weekend.
    {{gwi:890084}}

He loves relaxing at the lake.

• jel48
    16 years ago

Love the cat on the dock pic!

Love ALL the pet pics, but that one just made me chuckle :-)

• mctavish6
    16 years ago

I do love all these pictures. Janice, your Buddy in the last picture is a challange. He looks like he's in a tin can but that can't be judging from the size of him - more to love! Could it be a clothes dryer that you've cleverly disguised?

That's a great casual attitude of the cat on the dock by the lake. Cats are "in charge" aren't they. "They use to be worshiped as Gods and they've never forgotten"... McT

• Janice
    16 years ago

Hey BluePoppy! I looks like you're doing a great job baby-sitting! I bet he loves being
    in your care--getting to *go fishing* and all!! LOL

Is he a 'Ragdoll', like my 'Buddy'?

McT--you guessed wrong, and I've not disguised the pic. at all! I'll give you another guess though,
    and a *clue*! He's assisting hubby, replacing an important piece of equipment--to me anyway!! :o)

• mctavish6
    16 years ago

You're going to have me puzzled all day? Something as large as a large cat's face? A little too dark for something to do with coffe grounds (important to me anyway)? A perfectly round opening? You got me! McT

• Janice
    16 years ago

Okay, McT--you're so close, I think you deserve the prize! Hubby was installing a new garbage disposal
    and looked up to spot 'good ole' Buddy' staring down at him!

He had me run for the camera, and 'Buddy' being no slacker, stayed put, at what he saw was his job,
    of *overseeing the project*!

I've finally figured out how to have a public and a private account with Photobucket! Get two, as suggested!
    You just need two different emails to do it!

Here is some more of the cats, mostly, and the slideshow is the quickest way through--I highly suggest that one!
    Bring your own popcorn, though! :o)

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitty-cat *pride*!

• hosta_freak
    16 years ago

I've shown this one before,but here he is again. This is Newton,my Maine Coon cat doing one of his favorite activities.We have another cat a black female,but she doesn't photograph well,because she's black and her name is Magic. Phil
    {{gwi:890086}}

• donnie_007uk
    16 years ago

These are my two Cavalier King Charles pups, Penny and Tehya

Donnie

• jel48
    16 years ago

Donnie, have you had Cavaliers before? Aren't they the sweetest dogs? Your two look just like my Sophie (tri-color) and her mother, Angel.

• donnie_007uk
    16 years ago

Hi Jel,
    Yes I have had several before. These two were bought to replace my old dog, Pebbles, who is 13 years old. She is still going strong, but her eye sight is failing. She still hasnt forgiven me for taking these two 'nuisances' home

Donnie

• micke
    16 years ago

Here are my babies, the Shih Tzu (Gizmo) is my dog and the long haired miniture Chihuahua (Pearl Jam) is my sons dog, she is a little over 2 lbs.
    Gizmo has the short hair right now, I have posted the long haired pic before, could not find it anywhere, so I took a picture of my computer screen, lol!

• Janice
    16 years ago

Ahhh, it just keeps getting better and better! Look at all those sweet faces!!!

Meesh--I really want a Shih Tzu, some day!!!!!! You are *enabling* me there, as well as Buff!!!

Phil--I love that pic.! I guess we know who runs your house, eh?

The Cavaliers--are just adorable!

• hosta_freak
    16 years ago

Janice,I apologize for the size of the pic. See explanation of that in the What happened to photobucket,post! Phil

• jel48
    16 years ago

How odd... I just clicked on your thumbnail, backed up from the pic itself to your album
    ( http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l35/micke_08/ ) then copied the A HREF tag from your album here it is.

• jel48
    16 years ago

Sorry, that was Micke's pic not Phil's. Guess I'm getting tired, huh? Too much grass = too much mowing = need more hostas, right?

• goldedger
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well with all these terrific animal pics we could make a book or several calendars!!!

Great to see everyones pets.

More???? Come on, you know you wanna!!

June

P.S. to buff - Congratulations on your upcoming new bundle of joy!!

& Bean - no color coordination for Rusty's benefit - although he does think everything and everyone around here is simply here for HIS pleasure!!

• buff24
    16 years ago

Thanks for the congrats, goldedger... very much appreciated :-) Hubby and I are both very excited, and can't wait for our daughter to arrive :-)

Buff

• bean_counter_z4
    16 years ago

So many people who garden are animal lovers. Must be our connection with nature. This was a wonderful thread. Really enjoyed the photos.

• micke
    16 years ago

jel, that is okay, I don't mind anyone "fixing" my pictures. I don't get to see yours though:( did you resize it? can you tell me HOW you did it? I am thinking it was cowboy john that tried to explain it another time, and I just could not wrap my mind around his explanation. Some of this stuff is real hard for me to catch on to.
    OH! I see now! Those are huge! Loving it!!
    Buff congrats on your baby girl:)

• i_dig_it
    16 years ago

Really love seeing everyone's pets.
    I finally went through and got some of mine ready to share.
    This is one of our outdoor cats Boots
    {{gwi:890096}}

Our calico Pretty
    {{gwi:890097}}

Our big boy Cocoa filling up the bed
    {{gwi:890098}}

And here he is "stretching out", LOL, I hope it's not too obscene ;-)
    {{gwi:890099}}

Janet

• karen02481
    16 years ago

Hi-

I'm new to the garden web and this is the first time I've ventured over to the conversations section. I love all these pictures. That hedgehog is just adorable!! The cats just crack me up...and then there are the pups. My furry family members are Shih Tzus...and I see that I'm not the only Shih Tzu lover here. These are my canine boys:

Alex is grey...Buddy is white...Cody is the puppy in the back.

Alex is 12. Buddy was 10 in that picture. We lost him last Fall. :-( We took this soon after we brought Cody home...so he was probably about 3 months old here.

This is Alex chilling out on his dog bed.

This is Cody after his first haircut a few months ago.

I know someone said they were considering adding a Shih Tzu to the family. My pups are wonderful warm loving little guys. They have been great with my human boys. Oh, and Cody, is a dog, but he is also part cat. He bats gently at my face with his paw, rubs up against my face in the morning if he wants me and lies down on my chest the second I lay down in bed. No joke...

Thanks for letting me share!

--Karen

• aka_margo
    16 years ago

Janet, your outdoor cat Boots looks just like an outdoor cat I used to have (and he was always climbing trees). We called him Paws because he was a six toed cat. Sometimes he would come in the house and if you were taking a shower or bath he would jump in with you. A cat who loved water!
    Jen

• i_dig_it
    16 years ago

Jen,
    All my cats have always liked the water. You can't turn on the faucet without them jumping up and trying for a drink. When they were small I can't count the times one or the other has fallen into the bathtub while leaning over to play in the water and they really didn't mind being in there either, lol. It was almost as if they knew they would end up falling in and just wanted me to believe it was an accident, LOL. And whenever I would bring them a new toy, the first place they would take it was to the water bowl....to baptise it.

The outside cats are always around our small fountain/pond dipping their paws in or getting a drink out of the rain barrel when I'm trying to fill a watering can.

I had always heard cats didn't like water, but it couldn't be proven by me through my experiences with them.

Janet

• buff24
    16 years ago

Karen, welcome to the forum! Glad you've ventured out of "lurkdom" and started posting! That was Janice (hey_J) who is considering adding a Shih Tzu to her family. She has met my Murphy and just loves him. Aren't they just the greatest dogs? My Murphy is part-cat too. Love my Tzu boy!!

Buff

P.S. Your Tzu-boys are just the cutest... I especially love that Cody! What a cutie pie!

• donnie_007uk
    16 years ago

My cat is a 'Bengal' . They love water, shoot they even have webbed feet!

Donnie

• MrMicawber
    16 years ago

Hello, my name is Jennyanydots. I was named after a character in a TS Eliot poem. Usually, Mr Micawber just call me Jen-Jen. I am an indoor cat, much to my chagrin. I spend most of my time sitting in the window watching birds and imagining my teeth around their feathery little necks. I have been called eccentric by my owner. I talk alot, drink water only from a tap, and sleep in a ceramic bowl!

I'd love to have a few brothers and/or sisters, and Mr Micawber would love to have more cats too, but Mrs Micawber isn't too fussy on cats.

• Janice
    16 years ago

Oooh, Mike--she's gorgeous!!! She looks like she's a pretty good size (not fat) for a lady-cat!! Can you tell I'm a cat-lover? :o)

We use to have a male, that looked just like her--his name was 'Mo-Jo'(but we called him 'Mo-Mo')! He was from a litter we had
    of three, and the other two females were named 'Ho-Jo' (she looked like Barbara Streisand from the side) and 'To-Jo', the only short-hair!

Again, gorgeous--and especially that face!!!

• goldedger
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Great seeing all your pets.
    That was a cute story that "Jen-Jen" wrote for us. :)
    Donnie I'd love to see a pic of your Bengal, they're soo cute.

My cats don't seem to mind wet paws at all, two of them love to drink water from the "toe tester" in our shower - sometimes we have to physically remove them so that we can use it.

June

• megaul
    16 years ago

Hosta Dog: Cyrus

Amd Host Cat: Niko

Hosta Kitten: Willow

• mctavish6
    16 years ago

AAh! They're all so pretty. Cyrus, it looks like someone gave you a plate of food and your'e thinking "what am I suppose to do with this?" The Goldens have mastered that expression of wanting to please but not being quite sure how to do it.

I see Jen Jen does laundry. Maybe she's thinking of replacing the non cat loving wife! McT

• i_dig_it
    16 years ago

Marsha what a cutie Willow is!
    Is she a Snowshoe? She looks very similiar to my Bandit when he was young.
    {{gwi:890108}}
    He is the upside down one.

Here they are a couple months later
    {{gwi:890109}}
    Bandit is the one sitting up.
    These two are now almost 10 years old, but still full of mischief!
    Everyone has such adorable pets and great pictures of them.
    Thanks for sharing with us!
    Janet

• micke
    16 years ago

Hmm.... I just noticed that Gizmo looks blind in that picture, how do I take that out? I can take the red out of Pearls eyes (I forgot to do that in that one, makes her look like a demon)
    Gizmo acts like a cat as well, even the stuck up attitude of when you call him to come to you he most of the time just looks at you without moving a inch, unless it is his idea forget about him sitting on your lap or laying by you.

Karen, I have never seen a Shih Tzu the color of Cody, that is a awesome color (I could only see the first one however, my computer likes to play games with me) I had one that looked just like Buddy and my mothers Shih Tzu has the same grin as Alex:)

All you Shih Tzu owners, does your dogs love those stuffed squeak toys to distraction?? No one is allowed to play with them (works great for getting him to come in when he is playing the game of ignoring you while outside)he will squeak and squeak on them until the squeak is gone, it is almost like a type of aggression therapy for him.

I loved seeing everyones pet pictures, a lot of beautiful animals on here:)

• buff24
    16 years ago

My Shih-Tzu Murphy (see pics above) just LOVES the stuffed toys with squeakers... he especially loves the ones that are "just his size" i.e. the small-ish stuffed toys. One of Murphy's first ever toys we bought him was a "Buddha" frog with a squeaker. He was so small, but he figured out how to squeak that toy... it looked like he was giving it chest compressions!

Murphy also gets "aggressive" (if you can really call it that) with his rope toys, and will grab them in his mouth and swing them around so they hit the floor over and over! He also adds a little growl just for effect, while slinging the rope toys around... The best is when he is slinging the toy around and lets go, then it goes flying and lands somewhere he can't see... he cracks me up looking for it and can't find it! Eventually I help him and get it for him, after I get a little laugh in first :-)

Buff

• iowa_flower_nut
    16 years ago

Here's our 118 pounds of pure lazy!

Buck

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath