Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chocolateis2b8

What to do with all that zuchinni

chocolateis2b8
13 years ago

Of course there is the old stand by of putting it in any unlocked car you find, but I have found some other ways of using it.

Here is my newest, zuchinni pie. Yes you read right, zuchinni pie and it is good. If you don't tell your poor victim what they are eating, they would never guess, lol.

This is for two pies since I buy the premade rolls of pie crust and they come in a pack of two.

Peel and seed enough zuchinni to make 5 to 6 cups. Boil until tender, strain, put in cold water to cool and then strain again.

Meanwhile, put 2 cups of evaporated milk, or one can plus 1/4 cup of milk, in blender, add, 3 eggs, 4 cups of sugar, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp mutmeg, 1 tbs cinnamon. I personally added 1/8 cloves, 6 tbs flour, and 2 tsps vanilla in blender and blend until smooth, pour into bowl.

Put zuchinni and 1 stick of butter, melted, into blender and puree until smooth. Add to bowl with other ingredients and stir until mixed.

Pour into two pie shells. Bake at 425 for a half hour then turn oven down to 350 and bake until set, about a hour to a hour and a half.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA