Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
swap

Posted by annielu OH (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 08 at 10:50

Just wondering if the person got my hostas in the swap. I have not heard anything. This was my first time doing this, and I was really unsure. I hope they liked them. They came from my dad's garden, and he passed away last year. He was always puttering around outside and he gave me some hostas. I thought this would be a wonderful way to share my dad's love of gardening, but now I'm not sure.
I'm just a newbie at this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: swap

• Posted by hey_j 6 Dayton Oh. (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 21, 08 at 11:17

Oh my Annie! I can understand how you must be feeling! No email or anything to confirm and say "thank you"?

o

i have noticed that a Lot of people seem to be "Too Busy" to post that they have received their package....OR even a thank you...

takes away a bit of the fun; which is part of the purpose of the "secret trade"...

jmho....jill

o

• Posted by hey_j 6 Dayton Oh. (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 30, 08 at 11:40

That is why--if I were to trade--which I don't because of certain 'nematode' areas--in the past
and now current--I would only trade with those who post regularly!

I don't want to just be a 'source' of accruing more hosta--I want to be a 'friend' who shares
with another 'friend'! I want to have a 'personality' connected to the one receiving
my hosta, and from whom I'm receiving them.

Not that folks who don't post can't be trusted, but again, it's not about 'accruing' with me!
I've received some very nice hosta, from the generous hearts of hosta folk on this forum
and they will be treasured and the memory of who gave them to me, will also be 'treasured'!

I'm also not at a point I would want to dig and divide--for the most part! I'm still a 'baby' in hosta world!! :o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here