Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hey_j

'Houston/GW--we have a problem!

Janice
16 years ago

On the "Forum Pet Peeves thread", I have not been able to scroll on down, to read 'June/Goldedger's'

post or to the response window! I can see her i.d. but not her post!!!

Am I the only one?

Comments (20)

• Teresa_MN
    16 years ago

I can't either. I thought I would post and that would open it but no cigar.

• hosta_freak
    16 years ago

Same here,Janice and Teresa. I think she changed her mind and posted in the Heuchera post. Phil

• andi3216
    16 years ago

It says "Happy Everything" in light pink italics... maybe that's why it's hard to see??

• Janice
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That's strange, because I can't even get to the window that allows you to post, so no matter what color her message is
    I won't be able to see it!! Hmmmm--wonder why you can get to her message, andi, and some of us can't??

Okay--that does it--'it's the hole in the Universe thing'! That always seems to cover anything strange! {{gwi:887897}}

• ademink
    16 years ago

Ditto!

• Janice
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Or--maybe that thread is under *Lock Down*!!! Gasp!

• andi3216
    16 years ago

Huh... That is strange! I always use Mozilla Foxfire as my internet browser, but decided to test it using Internet Explorer and I experienced your problem... Unfortunately, since i'm no techie, I have no clue why that would be! So Foxfire works, IE doesn't... anyone smart enough to tell us why??

• Janice
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Definitely NOT ME, andi, OBVIOUSLY!!! sigh!

• Janice
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Okay, someone else has posted below June, cause the number of posts count and time has changed, but STILL,
    "NO CAN DO READ"!!

Oh well, best I get out there and do SOMETHING else, like *work*, maybe, today!!!

• andi3216
    16 years ago

It was me! I just posted to that thread to see if you'd be able to see my post... but no luck - at least not with IE, Foxfire still works! Hmmmm.....

• bunnycat
    16 years ago

Nope, new posts apparently appear, but can't see them either. IE here also.
    ~Bunnycat

• Janice
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yep---IP here, too, but I wonder--why it's only THAT thread with the problem???

• hosta_freak
    16 years ago

Janice,look at the bottom of the post on Heucheras. I sent you a pic of the new Ajugas. Phil

• micke
    16 years ago

I can't scroll down on that post either. IE here as well, I can try to switch to my yahoo browser but it is always telling me that "Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to close" I hate that so I stopped using it. I am glad you posted this Janice 'cause I just thought it was me! My computer likes to play tricks like that on me:)

• Janice
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Is it only on that particular thread for you, as well, Meesh? It doesn't happen with any other for me!

• goldedger
    16 years ago

Weird!! I didn't mean to screw things up....lol
    I use Firefox as well, so maybe that does have something to do with it, or it was the HTML code I was fooling around with. :)

I'm not doing it again, all it said was
    Happy Everything!! (not screw up everything..lol)

June

• jel48
    16 years ago

I looked at the HTML source for June/Goldedgers post, and she uses a title - in HTML it's the word tltle surrouned with a less than : greater than symbol, like this:

Normally the 'title' section would be followed by an ending title which would look the same as in the image above, but as you can see, she has other endings such as 'font' but does not have an ending title. I experimented a little and I can create a post just like hers, and in my Firefox it is readable, but I'd be willing to bet it's not in IE. IE is not so 'forgiving' of errors like that as other browsers is.

The funny thing is, though, that if I do it properly and then preview in Firefox, then I don't see the one done properly while I still see the one with the error in it.... If that makes any sense...

• goldedger
    16 years ago

Interesting jel48 - that you can see the improperly done one (aka "my screw up") and not the proper one .....just another little GW glich! lol

I tried using IE to access the "Pet Peeves" thread and couldn't get past "posted by goldedger" either. Strange!

June

• bunnycat
    16 years ago

Well, SOMEBODY posted a "pet peeve" at 1:39 Thursday, after June's last non-post. I can't see it, can any of you?

• Janice
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You know what---we need to start another one of that thread! Anyone care if I do?

Okay--since no one spoke up stating they'd prefer I not do it, I will! :o)