Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostasformez4

Pictures that will NEVER make the Hosta Forum

hostasformez4
15 years ago

I knew we all have them. Those areas that we never take pictures of. Well here are mine. For all the world to see.

Just wanted to make you all feel good about your own yards.

Connie

Herb garden gone wild! Sadly, it is right out my back door!!!

{{gwi:890891}}

Few things to put away. Been there since spring!

{{gwi:890892}}

Poor things, never got planted.

{{gwi:890894}}

Never got compost turned over this year.Just added more

{{gwi:890896}}

Overflow compost (two wire circles) and branches to be burned in fall. Tree rounds to be placed in a hosta bed. Maybe next year? Free chair to a good home.

{{gwi:890897}}

Now, don't you all feel better!?!

Comments (7)

• koidom
    15 years ago

Not really nightmare stuff there Connie.

I KNOW I could do better but I don't want to be blamed for people not being able to sleep :P

• Janice
    15 years ago

LOL--Connie--it is so funny that you have posted your 'areas' of 'reality'
    because, a few days ago!I had thought it would be fun to do that very thing!

There are 'those' who know about mine--'buff24', 'hostafreak', 'Davemidohio, our long
    lost 'Poppy' who no longer posts with us (probably out of shock of what she saw in my yard)!

Of course, they all know they will be 'shot' if they reveal any photos of those areas! LOL
    Not really--I need to go out with my camera--and let it all out, too!

• hostared
    15 years ago

Good one Connie...LOL big time.

• Janice
    15 years ago

Okay, Connie--just for you--I'll show you mine--but these are for 'your eyes only'--okay?

Driveway with trailer full of wonderul composted horse manure
    and all the junk surrounding it:

{{gwi:890898}}

And this is an area behind an often photographed fence, that I have
    delegated as my 'overflow' of the more common hosta moved to make way for
    the 'new kids on the block'! Oviously, these poor guys/gals need some watering!:

{{gwi:890900}}

Another hidden area behind the short lattice fence across the middle of our upper back yard:

{{gwi:890902}}

A potential hosta bed--maybe next year--or even this year if I get up the energy to tackle it:

{{gwi:890904}}

And, finally---behind this gate....:

...is this mess:
    {{gwi:890907}}

Do you feel better, Connie? I couldn't leave you to be the only one, who is willing to be
    so transparent and honest about your living space!! We ALL only want folks to see our
    best sides, and views of our places, but lest there are those who think it's all *rosey & right*
    in every corner, you have stepped forward to let it all hang out and make us all feel better!!

God bless you girl!!! I love your *style*--you're one classy lady!!!!!

• hostasformez4
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Glad I don't live next door to you!!!! LOL LOL

We all need areas like that when we garden. I would have had a woodpile too but straightened it early in the spring.

It made me laugh when i looked at your pictures this morning while I wait to go to Madison WI. where I had to admit my brother to the hospital while we were visiting his wife yesterday. She had knee replacement and he had a reaccuring bought with fever from an infection from a fistula (sp.?) which needs to be seen by the oncology dept at the University Hospital where we were. What a day!!!! Now I'm waiting for my nephew to pick me up and we are going back to check things out.

Connie

• mctavish6
    15 years ago

I just saw these and you two are a riot. I'm glad to see that other people have spots they try to hide from the camera though both of yours are mild compared to my eyesores. With all the pictures I've posted I've tried to be sure and not include the "collections" that abound around here. I'll come clean and get some pictures soon and both of you will feel like Martha Stewart. Myrle

• Janice
    15 years ago

Oh Connie--I hope your brother gets good news from the oncologist, and that his wife's knee
    replacement recovery is going well--wow what a day for you and them!!!

Myrle--you're so funny! I seriously doubt any of us would be horrified at your 'spots'!!
    I don't think I'd ever feel like Martha Stewart--well, maybe her creativity, but not
    her attitude for sure!!!LOL