Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostasgalore1

Heuchera Peachy Keen

hostasgalore1
16 years ago

Hi All,

I've looked for a heuchera forum and can't find one so thought I'd post this here. Does anyone know where to get the heuchera Peachy Keen for a fair price? I'd love to add this one to the collection but not sure I want to pay the $100.00 I found it listed for :-(.

Now I think I'll email GW and request a heuchera forum be created for some of us addicts :-) Don't want to make people mad by talking about these plants on the hosta forums.

Comments (15)

• Janice
    16 years ago

We don't get MAD over here! We're allowed to talk about ANYTHING, nicely!!! :o)

You did check out HaLLson's Forums, didn't you? I'm pretty sure, they have a Heuchera Forum!

Hope you find what you're looking for, at a better price, for sure! Sheesh--it's a Heuchera, right--not a Hosta!!!

• hostasgalore1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Janice,
    I can tell by the tone in some posts that people do get mad/irritated here about little things that don't really matter.

Yepppers I seen that Hallson has a forum, but it's great to have a wider selection on different sites. Some people here aren't registered at Hallsons and vice-versa.

If it's not Hostas then it's Daylilys so I figured another addiction won't hurt lol..

• Janice
    16 years ago

HG--I didn't think folks got mad at each other over here so often, anyway--at least at the beginning of this day, I didn't!!!
    But, obviously things can change very quickly, when you least expect it! I'm still rather taken back by the turn of events!

Yeah, another *addiction*--I guess there ARE worse things to be addicted to, at least in today's world!!!

I'm really getting lured in by Heuchera, myself! I love the contrast they offer to Hosta, especially!

• playinmud
    16 years ago

Hey Jamie I've got to visit some high end nurseries here in NJ this weekend, I'll keep a look out for it for you. Heucheras are fabulous plants, I can see why you collect those as well.

Sounds like a "peachy keen" one to have (lol, love the name!).

Donna

• caliloo
    16 years ago

Hey Jamie

I would love a Heuchera forum! I started with just a few a couple of years ago and have been steadily buying a couple each year. I think I am well on my way to getting hooked!

I am not familiar with Peachy Keen - I will keep my eyes open.

I am probably going to pick up French Quarter tomorrow (I am going shopping LOL) which I have lusted after all summer... check this out!
    {{gwi:891101}}

And Paris:
    {{gwi:891102}}

Donna, if you find Peachy Keen - will you let me know where? I amy have to road trip across the state lines LOL!

Alexa

• Janice
    16 years ago

Oooh--I like the 'Paris' one for sure!!!

• hostasgalore1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Ladies!!

You also just added a few more to the want list Alexa :-P .

I did happen to win a Can Can, Silver Scrolls and Amethyst Mist..

I really need to stop looking at the Terra Nova site.. I see they got one called Amethyst Myst (spelled and looks different), Sparkling Burgundy, Southern Comfort, Etc, Etc, Etc, Etc, Etc that I want also.. My plant therapist isn't going to be very happy with me this week. loll

Terra Nova Huechera

• caliloo
    16 years ago

Hey Kamie

I picked up Emperor's Cloak at a local nursery a couple of weeks ago - have you seen this one?

{{gwi:891103}}

• caliloo
    16 years ago

OOps! sorry Jamie!

I am a terrible typist and that K is just too close to the J sometimes....

Anyway - shoot me an email if you want me to check on availability at the nursery tomorrow.

Alexa

• Janice
    16 years ago

Alexa, is that EC supposed to do that? Kinda intriguing--I like it that way!!!

Jamie, you'll love 'Can Can'! Yep, your plant therapist will be able to retire SOON, on you alone!LOL

• hosta_freak
    16 years ago

Hey,ya'll. Thought I'd join in the fun! Here are the 2 Heucheras,I recently found at Home Depot. The one on the left is Citronelle,and the other one is Caramel. They are both growing like weeds in my newest garden.
    {{gwi:891104}}

• hostasgalore1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Alexa no worries.. I think there's gremlins that live in the keyboard here and they move it a few inch's when I'm not looking.

Janice,
    Can Can looks nice from the pictures I've seen and hope it looks as good in person. I'm trying to get Trisha to go to school to be a therapist and I'll help her. I did make one rule and told her we have to accept plants as payment :-).. Getting a little late here if you can't tell lolll

Phil,
    Very nice photo and heucheras. Your no help I see though!! You just encourage me to add more to the list :-).. Did you get that email I sent about that nasty post(s)?

• hosta_freak
    16 years ago

No,I didn't get the email you sent me. I sometimes wonder where all these letters go? I have been able to send and receive letters to everyone else before just recently,when everything has been going haywire! Who knows? I got all of Janices and everyone else who sent one. Phil

• playinmud
    16 years ago

Sorry to report no "Peachy Keen" at the two places I visited, and I didn't buy a thing (note this is a miracle). I was especially disappointed at the one place...do you believe they only had "Purple Palace"? Wow, so much for advertising that they've got the unusual.

Donna

• caliloo
    16 years ago

Emperor's CLoak is one that grows from seed and can come up either red or green. I chose a pot that ahd both in it and split it when I planted it. So far the green is far outpacing the red in growth, but they are both quite attractive.

I looked at several hundred pots of Purple Petticoats and Emperor's Cloak today and to my eye (and still immature plants) they look very similar. I'm not sure I would lay out 3x the price for Purple Petticoats to get the same look as Emperor's Cloak.

I did end up with Paris and Hollywood though. I can post photos if you are interested.

Alexa