Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bunnycat_gw

So what's on your desktop this year?? Hosta, or other.

bunnycat
16 years ago

Last year somebody started a thread about desktop photos. Some of the scenic views were outstanding.

Comments (31)

• hosta_freak
    16 years ago

My wallpaper is a pic of my garden,before the freeze,of this year. I think it was 2005. Anyway,it wil never look like that again. Phil

• bunnycat
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh Phil, maybe it will come back for you next year. Aren't the roots still OK? With water and some nice compost maybe you'll be surprised. Hope so.

I have a photo taken the day before the deer broke through the net and ate my early daylilies and hosta flowers. But they didn't eat the hosta leaves (much), and left a few daylilies. Many hostas hadn't put up scapes yet, so at least for now I have those. But tonight, or tomorrow night, they may sneak back while I am sleeping. Stinkers!
    ~Bunnycat

• hosta_freak
    16 years ago

Nancy,it looks pretty good,considering the freeze. I know it will be back,it is just stunted this year. I don't think any garden looks exactly the same every year. Phil

• maidofshade
    16 years ago

Hosta and of course at work More Hosta. It's kind of a conversation piece there. I have found a few closet hosta holics at work cause they looked at my screensaver and I found out they love hostas too. Pretty fun. I even gave a couple of them some divisions--got to enable a little! Now the cleaning gal saves me coffee grounds by the pail-full and she bought some hostas for herself. You gotta love that.

• soccamutha
    16 years ago

I usually have hosta or the daylily garden, but right now I have my son's swimming relay team which broke a pool record this month. The hosta ain't much to write home about this year, and I have only one daylily bloom left to go.

:-)

Becky

• goldedger
    16 years ago

My desktops get pics of the cats.
    My cell phone has a pic of my "June" hosta as a screensaver.

June

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    16 years ago

Kenny's chalk driveway art on blacktop from last year ... the black background makes it very pleasant on the eyes ... it had rained.. and the chalk was pasty damp .... i didnt know he had such talent ... for destroying a whole bin of chalk .. lol ... ken

{{gwi:891364}}

• hostasformez4
    16 years ago

I have a picture of my husband and grandson. Grandson Kyle is trying to teach his Grandfather how to use power tools! Cute picture! My DH is not good with stuff like that!

It replaced my picture of my 'statue' hosta bed.

Connie

• i_dig_it
    16 years ago

I usually change mine with the seasons and right now it is a picture of some large hosta leaves with water drops on them.

Ken that is a very cool piece of artwork. You have a talented little artist there!

Janet

• ademink
    16 years ago

Mine has a pic of one of my homeless friends. I'll photoshop a hosta in his hand. LOL

• caliloo
    16 years ago

Great driveway art! I love his use of color.

My desktop is my favorite subject ever, a photo of my DH and 2 boys.

• FlowersForMyFarm
    16 years ago

I scanned one of our oldest's artwork for my desktop and it almost caused a disaster....

The little guy saw it and thought he should draw a picture for mommy too....right on the screen of my laptop! Thank goodness I caught him before he started drawing. They teach me something new every day! LOL

• koidom
    16 years ago

OH MY that is funny! good thing you put a stop to it!

Do most litte kids drawings look the same?

I change mine all the time. most always garden stuff or animals. heres whats on it today.
    {{gwi:891367}}

• hosta_freak
    16 years ago

OK,here's what is on my wallpaper on my computer right now. It's a scene of part of my garden,back in 2005,before this year's freeze. The Sum and Sub is only a tiny plant this year. Phil
    {{gwi:891369}}

• papou
    16 years ago

I alternate between a dozen of my best shots. This is my present wallpaper:

{{gwi:891371}}

Papou

• caliloo
    16 years ago

My hat is off to you, Papou! I can't imagine going out to count all the eyes on my hostas every year. I look for the first year or two, but once they are past a dozen eyes then I figure they are going to live.

Thanks for keeping up the great recordkeeping!

Alexa

• bunnycat
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This is the photo that I currently have on my desktop, with Rascal and Arc de Triomphe in the background. (The deer ate the daylily and hosta flowers the next day.)
    DH thinks it's boring, so I'm going to switch to some new OT lily hybrids. They are really bright.

• megaul
    16 years ago

I think that might have been me last year. I always find 'desktops' interesting.

Here's a screen shot of my current desktop...

• donnie_007uk
    16 years ago

This is what is on my desktop. A pic of my town, taken as the sun was coming up around 9-15am, one morning last december.

Donnie

• Janice
    16 years ago

Really neat pics., everyone!! Right now, mine is the standard that comes with the computer. Hubby just reformatted it
    and it's SO much faster now! I've been inspired to come up with a neat pic. for my screen, thanks to this thread and all
    the neat pics. you've shown us! Thanks, Nancy for starting this thread! It's been fun!

By the way, ken--I think you have proof of that *black hole* in the Universe, I've been blaming everything on, lately!!

LOL

• mary52zn8tx
    16 years ago

Great pictures everyone. I really like donnie's sunrise shot and the little artists and all the pretty hostas. This just made me realize that I don't have anything on my laptop right now. Stupid Windows crashed in January, and I never did get around to putting a new picture up. I had a picture of Colorado until Jan. I may put one up of the Black Canyon until Oct. when my first granddaughter is born. My DH has one of my bluebonnet pictures on his computer, and it looks pretty nice. Someday I may have a decent hosta picture to use.
    Mary

• the_germinator
    16 years ago

Right now, it's a picture of my two year old son, Magnus, watching some koi in a pond at the National Arboretum in DC:

• mctavish6
    16 years ago

This has been fun to look at. I change my desktop daily if not more. Ninty percent are of hostas and gardens but occasional a pet or person or sunset picture finds it way there. Here is my current one. This is my neice who is a very talented photographer. She "dresses up" does her own makeup, lighting and is her own model. This one is with her cat Midnight and a vintage dress from a thrift shop.

• koidom
    16 years ago

The last two are really neat! Thanks for sharing!

• dansgrdn
    16 years ago

The germinator, not only a cool picture, but a cute kid. Thanks for posting. Dan
    P.S. can you say your name or nickname, I feel weird calling you the germinator.

• the_germinator
    16 years ago

Dan,

My name is Matthew. LOLOL

I guess it is a little strange calling someone the germinator... Thanks for the laugh this evening.

• dansgrdn
    16 years ago

Matthew, thanks for sharing your name. I couldn't say "the germinator" without saying it in an Arnold Swarchenegger accent in my head.:) Here's a laptop pic of mine, that I took this summer in Alaska.
    {{gwi:608048}}

Dan

• buff24
    16 years ago

I have had this picture as my desktop for at least the last year or more... It is a single-leaf picture of the hosta Rascal, as it pokes through the railing on my front porch. Sadly, Rascal is now on its "decline" for the summer... seems like it is always one of the first ones to start showing winter dormancy...

Buff

P.S. Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. Getting ready to deliver a baby in ~5.5 weeks, busy getting baby's room all set up, etc.

Hope everyone has been having a great hosta summer!

Buff's desktop... hosta Rascal

• Janice
    16 years ago

A really fun thread! Glad to find out your real name, Matthew! LOL

Buff--I bet your nursery is just "the bee's knees"!

Hope I get to take a peek at it, one day! :o)

• bunnycat
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Matthew~
    Your son is adorable. That picture makes me think back to when my 2 blond boys were so small and cuddly. They now tower over me. How did I get to be the shortest person in the family? (My daughter is also inches taller).

Much less blooming in the yard right now. A few late daylilies, phlox, japanese anemones, impatiens, roses and of course late hosta flowers. Waiting for the sedum to color up.

Current desktop photo is 'Final Touch' ...my favorite late daylily

~Bunnycat

• User
    16 years ago

The picture of Magnus is adorable and would definitely grace my desktop if he was mine. I also added "Final Touch" to my Daylily lust list - thanks Bunnycat.

Hosta have graced my desktop the past three years....however....once a proud mother, alway a...
    Right now my 21 year old is on my Desktop. She was a good sport to dress up as a Beautiful Bee and skate with Kenny Bear (company mascot) at a free community event hosted by my company.