Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sharing my love of Hostas

Posted by diggetydig 3/4 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 16, 07 at 0:44

A wonderful client of 14 years had to euthanize her beloved dog, Blue. Marilyn, Blue and I had become friends over these many years. Blue and Marilyn came to see me when he was 8 weeks old. Blue was one of the best dogs to ever grace my path. I was honored to be in their lives. This decision is never easy on the pet owner. Marilyn and I shed our tears together. Marilyn decide on an individual cremation, so she could take him to rest at their lake home. Working in my garden that night and thinking of Blue I wondered how I could honor his memory. Many weeds later I came upon a wonderful hosta called True Blue. I dug it up and split off a portion. When Marilyn came to pick up the ashes, I gave her the plant for Blues resting place. Nothing could ring more true!!!!!!! My own lovely Petunia dog rests under Remember Me.

Vicki

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sharing my love of Hostas

• Posted by hey_j z5b Dayton Oh. (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 16, 07 at 9:06

Oh, Vicki!! My heart goes out to you both!! What a lovely way to remember 'Blue'
and to place something of *yours* with him!!!

I know your friend, Marilyn, will be very blessed by your token of affection for them both!
Now you need to get 'Marilyn' to share with her, and maybe to divide and put beside 'True Blue'! :o)

I just made one last stop by the Forum before hitting the road for our vacation in Gatlinburg,
and I'm glad I did so I could read your post, Vicki! I has touched my heart!! I pray the pangs of loss
don't stretch out too long, but become a warm spot of favorite memories, as you both recall
fond moments that include him along the path of both your lives!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o
RE: Sharing my love of Hostas

Vicki, my condolences on the loss of your friend's wonderful pet. I know how a pet can be a very important part of a person's life and making the decision to euthanize that special part is especially difficult. I was in that exact position a year ago with my almost 14 yr. old Sheltie, Cheyenne. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done and I'm welling up with tears just thinking about it. It was very nice that you were with your friend to support her in that difficult time. It was just me and Cheyenne when I put her down. It was also an especially nice gesture to share something you love with your friend to help make that wonderful memory live on. You are a very thoughtful person, and I'm sure your friend appreciates your loving gesture. Dan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here