Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gifting hostas...ideas??

Posted by megaul Z5OHIO (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 07 at 10:31

Hostas are wonderful friendship plants.

It's easy, inexpensive and personal to give a cutting of one of your favorites. I have given them as birthday presents to friends, family and co-workers. I include a plant tag with the hosta name and birthday date such as below. As each birthday rolls around, they will be able to tell how much their hosta has grown in that length of time.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Are there hostas especially suited for birthdays?? I just bought Pineapple Upside Down Cake, and when it gets mature enough to separate, I thought it would make a wonderful birthday present.

What are some of your hosta gift giving ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gifting hostas...ideas??

• Posted by hey_j z5b Dayton Oh. (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 10, 07 at 12:10

Marsha--a wonderful idea! I've given H.Patriot to a friend that was having us over for a 4th of July cookout!
I gave it to her potted with a little resin flag stuck in it!

BTW--today is our 39th anniversary--hubby and I!!! :o) I think I should get one for each year--whaddya think??
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobuckethehehe

o

Megaul,

What a great gift idea! And so nicely done with the bow & all and the tag!

Happy Anniversary, Janice! Should we all email your DH at once with the suggestion to get you 39 new hostas? LOL!

Char

o

• Posted by hey_j z5b Dayton Oh. (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 10, 07 at 22:22

re: 39 hosta---Lol,Char! Maybe not--I'm thinking I'm REALLY going to have trouble planting that many right now!!
I knew it had to come--saturation, and it's fast approaching that point in my garden!!!

And, thank you for the congratulations!!! It's been a good and fun 39!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here