Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
keanaz5a

Miniatures by Keana

keanaz5a
14 years ago

As requested here are a few of the miniatures that I've made:

For reference 1/2" scale is 1/2" to 1' and 1" scale is 1" to 1'.

This is a 1/2" scale house that I made from a kit. Complete with working lights and completely decorated and furnished on the inside. I'm not going to post pics of the decorated inside unless someone is really interested in seeing them. Don't want to get too pic heavy.

Here is a 1" scale house built from a kit:

Here is a oldtime kitchen I made for my daughter in a shadowbox:

A bar I made. Donated to a charity auction:

Inside of the bar:

I don't want to bore anyone, so I'll stop for now. Let me know if you're really interested in seeing any more. Posting these on a Hosta forum is strange. I feel silly for some reason.....lol

Comments (13)

• jel48
    14 years ago

LOL! Boring they are NOT! These are great Keana. What a really fun hobby! How did you get started doing the mineatures?

I'd love to see as many pics as you want to take time to post. Including inside shots of that first little house kit :-) Thanks for taking the time to do this!

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    14 years ago

oh my God!!!!!

OMG!!!

OMG !!!!

{{gwi:892154}}

{{gwi:892155}}

{{gwi:892156}}

{{gwi:892157}}

{{gwi:892158}}

• keanaz5a
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OMG...lol Ken is that yours? Did you put that kit together? I'm so surprised that you or whoever picked almost the same color scheme.....lol Can I see the inside of it? ........I'm roflmbo! It's the Duracraft San Franciscan. WOW

jel: I don't remember how I got started, but it's almost as addicting as hostas....lol Been doing it for years and years. Have lost track of how many I've made and given away or donated to this or that charity. I only wish I had pictures of all of them. But, some were gone before the digital camera age. I think I'm revealing my age....lol I'll get some pics of the insides of the houses. Maybe post some pics of others....thanks so much!

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    14 years ago

same kit..

a 3 year old picked the colors.. ergo.. a bit more VIBRANT than yours.. lol..

she is hiding behind it...

interior pix some other time

ken

• Janice
    14 years ago

Not me, I'm not bored!!! MORE!!! I LOVE the minatures you've done, keana and I can't wait to see
    inside of your houses--AND, yours, too, ken!!! What a hoot!

Load us up!!!!

• keanaz5a
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here are some more miniatures:

The first three are rooms inside the big purple dollhouse:

Dining Room:

Library:

Parlor:

Here's a Christmas scene in a gift box I made as gift for a friend:

Close up of inside:

Here's an antique shop:

Inside of Antique Shop:

A garden shed: (should have put some hostas in there...lol)

A bakery:

A baby's room:

A Women's Bedroom:

I guess I don't have pictures of the inside of the 1/2" scale house. I'll have to take some.

Thanks for looking. (I still feel a little silly posting these on a hosta forum...lol)

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

oH mY GOODNESS,
    I am impressed!
    Did you have to do the wall paper,and make the curtains?
    Great job,love looking at all your beautiful work.

By the way,You are not on just the Hosta Forum, you are next door,on the conversation side, you say,and post what ever suits your fancy.
    cAROL

• Janice
    14 years ago

WOW!!!! I, too am so impressed!!! I mean, the thought and obvious 'attention to detail- you've put
    into appointing those rooms is absolutely 'artistic'!!!

I LOVE what you do!!! And, yes---this IS the place for such things so keep it up!!
    I'm all 'eyes' and waiting for any more you may have!!!

I especially enjoyed the antique store *innards*, and the potting shed and the bakery and the dining room
    and the....well, ALL OF THEM!!! If you did not say they are 'minature' I'd think they were life-size real
    rooms in real homes!!!

More??

• keanaz5a
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you so much! And, yes, I did the wallpaper and the curtains. Basically you're starting with a plain wooden box for most of these and making flooring, floor trim and everything. Some of the "innards" stuff is purchased and some of it is made. It depends on what it is. Miniatures are expensive...lol If I can make it I do. I'm working on a bait and tackle shop right now. Or, I should say I was last winter. Will get back to it sometime this winter probably. I think these are all the pictures I had in my computer. I'll have to take some others some time. Thanks again!

• mctavish6
    14 years ago

Those are truely amazing. What detail. I would have loved to have a doll house like that as a kid. I guess I was more of a tree climbing, roller skating tom boy.

Ken building miniture houses. Now I've seen everything. Maybe the smoke that's forceing me inside is making me delirious. I'm going to post some pictures of garden decorations in a minute and I was going to warn Ken not to look (bleeding eyes you know)

• jel48
    14 years ago

The miniatures are just exquisite! Keanna, I loved the miniature within a miniature in the baby's room :-) And I just marvel over how 'real' everything looks. It amazes me!

And no need to feel silly posting them on a hosta forum. We're here because we all love hostas, but we like to see other things too. That's what the conversations side is for!

Ken, your house is gorgeous as well. Isn't it amazing how all little girls seem to love pink and purple :-)

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Keana,
    Had to come back to see if you added any more,:0)
    I now i asked this about the wall paper,but*****did you make the bed spreads and cover the little stool?
    Amazing.How long does something like this take?
    I have several mini hostas gardens,where would one find little things for a garden?
    Do you mind me asking this?
    cAROL

• hostarhodo
    14 years ago

At our local second hand store I found a miniature pressed back chair. Approx 6" tall. I thought of this thread and how I would have loved to be able to send it to someone. Maybe in future I will try to contact one of you if I find other things.

Betty