Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mctavish6

Changes in the Yard - The Throne - many pictures

mctavish6
16 years ago

Here is the project we (mostly my husband) have been working on this year.

Comments (6)

• caliloo
    16 years ago

That view is just breathtaking!

I love the throne and what you have done with it - the planter beds look fantastic. The new little deck will be perfect in that spot next to the house - what a great spot. I also really like the way you have naturalized the hostas and daylilies next to your driveway - it makes a lovely transition.

But that view. Oh that really does make the hard work so worthwhile to be able to take a seat in the throne and look out at that amazing view.

Thanks so much for sharing your gardens with us!

Alexa

• lindac
    16 years ago

There's nothing like aview of water to make everything just perfect! Beautiful setting...not to formal and contrived looks almost like it just :happened" butw e all know it didn't.
    Great job!
    Linda C

• bean_counter_z4
    16 years ago

What a pretty place. I can see myself on that throne with a good book and a tall icetea.

• jel48
    16 years ago

That is beautiful McTavish. And I have to admit to a joke on me... When I read the title (The Throne) I thought you'd done a project where you took and old bathroom toilet and made it into a planter! Which could have been cute... but what a lovely surprise all of your projects were!

• Janice
    16 years ago

LOL, Joyce---it's been done before, hasn't it!!! I'm expecting to see a urinal turned into a water feature one day! hehehe

McT--you've done it again!! Awesome work, awesome pics. awesome place and view you have there! I know, you feel
    very blessed indeed!

Thanks, once again, for making this forum a great place to come visit and enjoy!

• mctavish6
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you one and all. To think this started because I was too lazy to weed the old vegetable garden! It seemed like such a waste of all the raised boxes that had been made down there. My son suggested bringing them up to the one area by the house that would get enough sun to grow vegetables. I'm so happy with the results and look forward to choosing the size and shape of the rest of the boxes that will be built to connect the Throne with the recycling center. One benefit is that once it's done it can no longer be a "droping off" place for people's stuff. The driveway has been a thorn in my side always. The clutter around the recycle center is typical of what that end of the driveway has looked like for years - not a very nice transition into the garden.

I do feel so fortunate with where I live. The view is amazing in all the seasons. I've just started putting hostas in among the roses and plants on the west side so you may see pictures of them before too long. McT