Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
koidom

Bear paw stepping stone idea

koidom
16 years ago

Thought I would share a steeping stone I made to get to the upper level of my garden.

{{gwi:892655}}

Comments (12)

• Hosta_Haven
    16 years ago

That is REALLY cute! What did you use to make the claws?

Char

• i_dig_it
    16 years ago

I love it Koi!

Janet

• koidom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

What did I use to make the claws?
    it's all just rocks, flat, thin, white, skipper type stones on their sides.

• roflol
    16 years ago

As my 6-year-old son would say, "I love that so *baaaaad*!" Really great, koidom. Thank you for sharing. :-)

• bluepoppy
    16 years ago

Oh my goodness - THAT IS SO CUTE!

very creative use of stones!!

Thanks for sharing.

• Janice
    16 years ago

I just knew we'd enjoy you being a part of this community!
    You are VERY creative! My kinda folk!!!

Love the bear claw! Thank you, for sharing it with us!

You WILL, with your creativeness, succeed turning your *sow's ear*
    into something very lovely--no doubt!

• koidom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone, glad you enjoyed it :)

Hey-j thats part of the *sow's ear* as it looks today, hopefully the rest will look as good! I was leary of posting BC everyone has such amazing gardens on here! it's like every picture is totally WOW!

• hostasformez4
    16 years ago

Koidom,

I'm one post behind in responding! This is for you other post of you're overgrown area. SORRY!!!! The bear foot is cute.

When most of us post pictures we never show the uglier parts of our gardens, like the compost areas, etc.! You were very brave to bare all in your picture!! Sounds like you have a few obstacles to over come. Just do a little every year.

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither were our gardens. Tell that Scrooge you're married to that you earn money too so you have the right to spend some of it your way!!! ( I have a H who loves grass so I start early and negotiate on where and how much sod I can take up).I can say all of this from thousands of miles away and your H can't get to me!!!

Mow the area if you can as that will make it look better until you form a plan. Flower beds in front of that building with room for access to it would be great. I can see hollyhocks hiding so much of it. I know most gardeners will share plants if you admire what they have and ask nicely. I share all the time. Good luck and please show us updates as they happen, maybe not this year but later.

And above all else WELCOME!!!

Connie

• koidom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I thought I would post pictures maybe it would Inspire others who don't have the perfect yard to start with.

I think my compost area was my pride and joy for a long time! it's huge! and one of the first things me and hubby did together. but with three horses it had to be :) I think most of my friends thought I was nuts when I would drag them out to look at it and brag about the rich black gold!

it's really the womb of the garden for me.
    {{gwi:892657}}

• Hosta_Haven
    16 years ago

That is the NICEST compost area I have EVER seen!!!

Char

• koidom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It's not done yet as a planter is going along the side and may just continue all along the wooden fence. that would keep the plants safe from doggys or thats a idea I've been kicking around. it's great as I use one end one year and let the other side sit, I've been able to plant in pure compost, I cover it with a tarp in the winter. the best thing about it was the blocks where free or it would of cost a lot as they are rejects from hubby's work.

• Hosta_Haven
    16 years ago

Free??! Now, I really LOVE it!

Char

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County