Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jbranch_gw

Shopping with a non-hostaholic

jbranch
15 years ago

I posted recently about a trip to Chuck Plemmons Perenials in Spartanburg, SC. This was my first trip to a nursery that specializes in hosta. In Birmingham, we don't have this. There are plenty of people that sell hosta, no one that specializes in them. I started walking through Chuck's selection and began asking questions. Keep in mind that my aunt, mom, and two sisters were with me. Seeing all of Chuck's hostas was like a spiritual awakening. And, I could talk to someone face to face about hosta. We talked about which ones I have, which ones sell well for Chuck. My sister asked for the keys to the car. Chuck showed me some of his beautiful display hostas. I asked about some of the mini hostas he has. This went on for about 30 minutes. I looked up and my aunt, mom and sisters were in the car with the AC running! They could care less about hosta. I made my purchase and returned to the car. My mom says, "I thought we would never get you away from here." How non-hosta lovers must suffer when shopping with us!

Comments (6)