Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What a waste!!!

Posted by hostasformez4 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 5, 07 at 13:47

What a loss of beautiful plants!!!!

My close neighbors aren't plant people so can't put them there! The two neighbors who do enjoy plants don't want to winter over plants for me 'cause they have problems with aphids and I don't, so they don't want my plants to get infected. They do spray but aren't able to control the little pests I guess. Or it's a good excuse for me not to place things there I'm not sure!!!! LOL

My sun perennial sale has now gone to free and I still don't a have a lot of takers!!! I have quite a few plants left and hope someone takes then so they don't get distroyed. I have moves just about everything I can to other places in my garden so don't have room for anything else!
I'm even doing all the work of moving plants to my sister in law's and replanting for her to get rid of some more. My brother just had surgery and can't help and she has bad knees so can't do much.

I think that most people around my area don't know that September is a great month to transplant.

Such is life I guess!!!

Connie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What a waste!!!

Call your local Habitat for Humanity office. They have plenty of new home owners that would be thrilled to get new plants. And if you donate directly to the office you can have a tax deduction!

If they won't take them try some local garden clubs.

Teresa

o

Thanks for the information Teresa! I have a call in the HFH local number and will hopefully hear from them soon.

Connie

o

Ameriprise - the company I work for - builds a house for a Habitat family every year. I didn't work on the house this year but at the dedication I brought six pots of pink coneflowers. The family is from Ethiopia. They were thrilled to get them for the side of the house.

o

You might also try churches, schools, and your local park.
Good Luck!

o

Connie I just e-mailed you today...check your e-mail.
Gloria

o

Didn't get it!

E-mail me at ladytea1941@aol.com please.

Connie

o

Hi Connie,
I sent one more with that e-mail address. Hope you get it.
G

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here