Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hey_j

Quotes from one, not so long ago!

Janice
14 years ago

Ronald Reagan

'Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose.'

'The most terrifying words in the English language are': "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'

'Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong.'

'I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.'

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'

'Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.'

'The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program.'

'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.'

'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.'

'Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.'

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.'

Comments (7)

• aahostas
    14 years ago

hey_j,
    The most terrifying words in the English language for me are the ones that my DW utters,.... "YOU DIDN"T BUY MORE HOSTAS?","DID YOU?" Yikes!! It is always a baited question and she enjoys watching me attemp to squirm out of it!

Denny

• Janice
    Original Author
    14 years ago

ROTFLMHO--Denny--you're such a card!!

And, I KNOOOOOW, what you mean--I hear those scary words from my 'husband', too!

Thankfully--I did a fast-count of the number of CD's he's purchased through the years and
    now I tell him--that they are HIS hosta splurges! I feel SO MUCH BETTER, now!!

Did I mention the Delta Table Saw that just arrived??? Not a problem for me--just
    more justification!

So---who has a SALE right now? hehehe ;o)

• aahostas
    14 years ago

hey_j,
    I hear ya!
    I am soooo p/o'd right now that I am gonna buy the first 'Splashed Leather' that gives me a second glance!!!

Denny

• Janice
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OOohhh! Nice choice, Denny! Don't forget pix if you do get it!!!! :o)

Now--if I could get just one more.......? I'm thinking....

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

oH JAAAAAAAAAAnise,
    Are you calling me,ha ha
    I got M.M. (a gift from our Janice)planted today,man,that girl has some legs on her.she goes deep,eh
    I think she is goung to be very happy where she is.
    Now, next year, i will post a pictue of her for ya all to see.
    I have gone compleatly wild this year***AGAIN***,buying hosta,i still have 5 to plant,THEN, i will be done,oh yes i will!
    "Splashed Leather you say?Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    cAROL

• Janice
    Original Author
    14 years ago

LOL cAROL--as soon as I posted that, I thought, "hmmmm, that looks too familiar"! Then I realized why!!!hahaha

I can't wait for you to see M.M. do her thing at your beautiful place!!!

I have planted all my largest potted hostas this weekend! But I have about 5 smaller quart (?) sized ones
    yet to be heeled in for the winter, yet! I ca't wait to be done with this kind of 'maintenance'!! And, I'm
    so excited to see what the ones I've planted will be doing next Spring!

BTW--our cAROL is a good person to get hosta from! I don't know if many of us know that or not and I hope
    it's okay that I tell ya! I know I'll be back!!!

I got: 'Rain Dancer', 'Golden Meadows', 'Dance with Me', 'L.S. Ripples' and a GORGEOUS M.A. that is
    extra special to me, and 'L.S. Down Sized' and a lovely helebores to boot! I'm very happy!

Thank you, cAROL!!! :O)

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Thank you Janice for the kind words,you are sweet.:0)
    I know what you mean about 'Maintenance',I have been digging and moving hug hosta this last month,and i am still not done,but i have to quit for the season,no more time!
    Today it is COLD,It needs to warm up a tad before i can go out,ha ha
    Who still has hosta to plant?
    Hey, i will ask tis on a dirrerent post ok.
    cAROL