Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Make your own Hardback Book

Posted by bluepoppy z5 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 12, 07 at 22:38

I have a friend who made a wonderful personalized hardback Photo Book on-line. Has anyone here tried it?

I was so impressed with the end result - It was very professional. A real keepsake and reasonably priced.

The effect is sort of like scrapbooking, but even easier. You download your photos, choose various backgrounds (really impressive), add text, creative fonts, cool colors, etc. The cover and back of the book are enlarged photos. You build your book and they make it and ship it in about a week.

Ideas for homemade books would be... garden journals, vacation books, baby books, recipe books, wedding books, poetry with photos, Gifts, etc.

Anyway, it sounds like fun to me... a way to get creative/artistic - not to mention impressing your friends with a homemade book!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Make your own Hardback Book

Yes - I've heard of this and my niece got a book from her MIL about the first year of her son's life.

Karen (flowers4myfarm) told me about the web site I have linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lulu self publishing

o

Thanks Teresa!
I'll have to check out your link. I had not heard of that one.

My friend used shutterfly.

I would like to shop around and compare places before I try it. thanks again!!

o

I made one for my in-law's 50th Anniversary. I used photoworks.com and really like the results.

o

Those are interesting links you supplied. I visited both and looked around. Very professional looking books. I love to scrapbook myself but I might try one of those hardbacks as a gift. Thanks for posting this thread and the links.

Marnie

o

Bluepoppy - I realized the link I sent was for Lulu's paperback books. They do hardcovers also. Lot's of options out there to create fun memories for friends and family.

A little something to do in those winter months when the forum dies down!

o

I know snapfish.com has them also. One of the other teachers at work had one the other day. She just adopted a baby from China, and the book looked really professional.

You're right Teresa, looks like a good winter project!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here