Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
i_dig_it

What a Surprise!!!

i_dig_it
17 years ago

It has been a hectic week for me. One of my mothers caregivers up and quit, so I have been busy this week with running over there to tend to her and trying to find another fill-in caregiver.

The weather has been cold and gloomy with rain on and off for the past three days, which brought down most all the leaves, so everything including what remaining hosta there were, are covered with leaves for now.

Hubby has been working farther away than usual, so he's up extra early and home late. It seems like I haven't had time to catch my breath and have been too tired to post much here, but I was popping in for a bit just to read.

I was glad it's Friday and was hoping the weekend would help rejuvenate my strength.

I didn't even bother to bring in the mail today, it's usually just bills and junk anyway, lol. So when hubby got home and brought it in I saw an envelope with a peculiar looking "elf" on it.

{{gwi:894005}}

Suddenly my spirits were lifted! I opened it and found three packets of seed from Tokudama Flavocircinalis, Nakaiana and Paradigm.

The hosta Elf had paid me a visit! Thank you so much elf Teresa! I will surely have fun experimenting with my seeds.

Now, to my embarassment, I have to ask what does the OP mean after the Nakaiana and Paradigm? I am so new to hosta that I have never even seen a hosta seed before, though I did let a couple of stems on my Frances Williams form pods, I don't think they have opened yet. I'll check again tomorrow since the rain has finally let up. Anyway this will be a learning experience for me and I can't wait to see what grows!

I really feel honored that the Elf picked me to share some seeds with. Thank you so much!

Janet

Comments (2)