Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy Birthday Mary52

Posted by teresa_mn Zone 4 MN (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 26, 06 at 7:38

our forum member from Texas. Although I don't see many posts from her I hope she's lurking and sees this one!

Teresa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy Birthday Mary52

Have a great Birthday!

Alexa

o

• Posted by hey_j z5b Dayton Oh. (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 26, 06 at 10:18

Hope you get lots of "hosta-gift-certificates" today, Mary--or even later this "week"!
Maybe, you could get even more from those who might "forget" your "day", later on! LOL

"Guilt, the gift that keeps on giving"! A line from a Garrison Keiller's "Prairie Home Companion"
CD we have!

janice

o

• Posted by buff24 5b (SW Ohio) (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 26, 06 at 17:41

Janice... on my recent trip to California, the in-flight movie on the way out there was "Prairie Home Companion." I have to say, it wasn't one of my favorite movies... Interesting, nonetheless... Did you like it??

Thankfully, on the way back we were on a bigger airplane and each seat had it's own video screen. I got to choose from about 4 different movies (The Devil wears Prada, Cars, X-men, and Poseidon.) I watched X-men and it was just ok too, but better than PHC. I liked the first 2 X-men movies better...

Buff

o

Teresa. Alexa and Janice,
Thanks for thinking of me! I didn't get any hostas for my birthday, but I did get three small Japanese Maples as companion plants. I am even potting those up after the summer we just had. Thanks again to Janice and Highjack for all the potting tips. We have been having computer issues with our wireless router so I have to stand in line to get on the net around here. I am almost as hooked on the forum as on my garden so I am always lurking out there somewhere.
Thanks again for your kind words.
Mary

o

• Posted by hey_j z5b Dayton Oh. (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 26, 06 at 22:11

Oh, Japanese Maples are a very "worthy" birthday gift IMO!!

Buff, we didn't see the movie "Prairie Home Companion" at all,! In fact, from the trailers,
I was very disappointed in what I would have expected it to have been, so didn't take
a chance. Based on your opinion, it was a wise choice! :o(

However, the CD we have is of one of the radio programs they were so famous for
over the years. Love those, alot!

Janice

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here