Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tmaki

Curtis

Teresa_MN
17 years ago

Curtis won't be joining us...... at least for now. I'm hoping he'll change his mind because I sure miss him.

Some of those seeds he harvested are starting to sprout. Hopefully he'll email me a photo and I can share that with you.

Teresa

Comments (14)

• ademink
    17 years ago

maybe he's gone completely over the edge and has turned himself into a hosta chia head!!!! he has sterile potting soil carefully pasted across his head w/ little hosta seedlings for hair! LOL

• Teresa_MN
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Janice - you NEED to do a graphic for this chia head thing. Put the Elf graphic on hold and get to work!

Teresa

• Janice
    17 years ago

Hmmmmm--that would make for a very interesting graphic!
    But--not for awhile, I'm afraid! :o)

Later--I can't wait!
    janice

• micke
    17 years ago

Where did he go?
    why?
    are you guys trying to get everyone over on this side instead of the other side? I think it's working:)

• Teresa_MN
    Original Author
    17 years ago

micke - you are one smart cookie - shaped like a hosta of course!

T

• buff24
    17 years ago

Teresa is right, Curtis won't be joining us for a while, maybe never again. When I noticed Curtis hadn't been posting for a few days, I emailed him to see what was going on and to see if he was ok. I told him that we missed his posts on the hosta forum and I hoped that the disagreement he had with Jamie over this new Conversations forum wouldn't keep him away from GW. He said that he and Jamie had resolved their differences, but that he was staying away from GW because he doesn't like how GW will delete or selectively edit posts that disagree with their views. Curtis believes that GW shows blatant disregard for a contributor's opinion. He also said that this isn't a secret and to talk openly about this situation if anyone asks.

It makes me sad that a valued contributor like Curtis isn't joining us anymore because of this situation... I don't like to see people leaving our group because of differences of opinion with GW. I hope someday that he will reconsider his decision and rejoin us. I for one have always enjoyed reading his posts and seeing his pictures. Curtis always made special effort to address every person who responded to his posts...

Buff :-(

• Janice
    17 years ago

Curtis, do come back.

I think, when one owns "something" they have all rights to it. And, whereas we might not agree with everything they do or how it's run, it is their's to do with as they please! :o( So, in the interests of all, let's just let them do what they have every right to do, and come on back because I think that there must be very little that is deleted, since I've never experienced it myself--and I can get myself in trouble pretty easily it would seem!!

And, I know this has been discussed before, but whereas I think "we" can be a great contributor to their successes, we also would not have this opportunity to post and learn and relate without the site being available, albeit, not to everyone's liking or way of running such a thing if it were up to us!

By in large, I have much more I like than I dislike about how things are being done! Nothing, and no one is perfect or will suit every individual due to different perspectives, tastes etc.! So, I feel that GW really does manage things much more positively, than negatively, IMHO!

We really miss you!

janice

p.s. So glad you and Jamie have worked things out--we don't want to lose either of you in this process!

• Teresa_MN
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Curtis is back! I see he posted to the thread on the other side about danny getting banned!!

Hey Curtis!

• ademink
    17 years ago

I agree that he is exceptionally valuable. Not only because of his hosta knowledge but because of how he cares for others and has a load o' character!!!

• micke
    17 years ago

What ademink said.

• bluepoppy
    17 years ago

Drat, and I was going to ask him what kind of camera he has. His photos are some of the best I've seen... of course it really helps when you have beautiful gardens. I'm sure someone must know...

HeyJ, I just had to smile when I saw your cute little devils (foxes) on this post. I missed them while I was MIA this summer. They make me smile even more after I read the meaning behind them.

• Janice
    17 years ago

heeheehe--glad you liked it "BluePoppy"--I love to make folks "smile"!(big smile myself)

And, so glad you are BIA!! :0) I hope you weren't gone for reasons of bad health or personal injury, etc.!!!?

janice

• bluepoppy
    17 years ago

Thanks for asking... just really busy doing other things.

I have a lot of catching up to do - only about 50 more pages!!!

• megaul
    17 years ago

Curtis! Calling Curtis! All points bulletin for Curtis!

Come on Curtis. We need you here! Don't let those illusive cyber types run you off. What do they know! Geeks don't have a clue about hostas!

Besides, I plan to post pictures next year of all those wonderful companion plants you sent me. If you're not here, I'll CRY!

Seriously, you are one missed guy! Please join us. I have been dying to see some of your hybridizing seeds in the flesh, so to speak!

So, please, Curtis, come out,come out, where ever you are! We LOVE ya!