Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tmaki

Hosta Thief!!! Update

Teresa_MN
17 years ago

Last Sunday I had planned to tour the gated community (where the thief lives) on foot. I had planned to hand out copies of the police report.

Well, it was my birthday Sunday and it was the most gorgeous day we have had all year. After a trip to the farmer's market and a visit to Hideko's and then my mom's, I decided not to waste my day on something that irritated me so much. Aside from the weather, there was something else that changed my mind. I ran into a high school friend at the market. She told me that her 19 year old son had been killed in Iraq. I was stunned. It suddenly occurred to me that if a couple of hostas were stolen from my yard, how insignificant it would really be.

And then on Monday, I was coming home from running errands and I saw a woman I used to work with turn into the gated community. I followed her and pulled in behind her in her driveway. We have not worked together for 8 years, and I only moved to my house nearby six years ago.

We chatted for a bit and then I asked if she knew ________. She replied yes and asked me why. I pulled a copy of the police report out of my car and gave it to her.

She looked flabergasted. After reading it she asked if she could keep it. Not only did I say yes - I offered her the stack of copies I had in my trunk and told her what my intentions had been. She said she would be happy to take care of letting others in her community know and thanked me.

She then said she would enjoy spreading the word. I didn't ask her what her experiences with the thief were.

I just gave her my card with phone numbers and email and told her to keep in touch.

Teresa

Comments (7)