Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosta_freak

Really off-topic!

hosta_freak
15 years ago

Hi,everyone! I am just recently out of the hospital,after my gallbladder surgery yesterday. On my last physical,I had a gallbladder attack the night before that physical,and then my doctor had me go in for an ultrasound test the next morning. There were a lot of stones! Well,the operation went well,without any complications,and I am home recuperating. A little sore,but doing very well. I guess this old body has finally some of the parts failing! I am 70 years old,and this was my first invasive surgery. This is probably getting boring,so I'll close for now. Thanks to you,all my hosta friends for puttin up with me these years! Phil

Comments (6)

• jel48
    15 years ago

Good for you, Phil! I'm glad it went well.

Plus, your post wasn't in any way boring.... AND you are not hard to 'put up' with at all! You're family :-)

Odd coincidence... my 14 year old step-granddaughter also had gall bladder surgery yesterday!

• Janice
    15 years ago

Oh my, Phil!! I'm so glad the surgery has gone well for you and I'll pray it continues to go as well,
    in your recovery!

I was up for gall-bladder surgery in 2000, but opted to wait it out and so far, I'm okay
    but know I may have to one day so it's good to hear you are doing so well!

Yes, these bodies weren't designed for 'Eternity' but I know that whereas the 'trade-in' value
    won't be much, the newer model will be lot better, as promised!!LOL

I dreamed, last night, that I have Leukemia and was having to tell an old best-friend about it,
    who was freaking out! She and I don't share in having the same beliefs, and I was trying to assure her,
    that whereas I don't relish the 'process' of dying from Leukemia I am very confident that 'death' will only
    make it possible to be in Heaven, and that part I do not fear, at all--thankfully!

It's weird how dreams affect us, I still feel like it was so real!!! And, I'm also glad that
    as real as it seemed, I still had perfect peace about my diagnosis and prognosis--and I did not
    wake up feeling 'stressed' by the dream!

Keep on keeping on Phil--"it ain't over till it's over" and I hope you have as much time as you need
    before you take advantage of your 'reservation'!! :o)

• hostasformez4
    15 years ago

Glad to hear you are on the mend. My GB has been gone since I was 28 and that's a long time ago!

When I 'go' I want a hosta leaf in one hand and a beautiful flower in the other, prefereably with dirt still under my fingernails, dressed in garden clothes!!! LOL

Of my 4 living brothers and 1 sister, 4 of them have had or have cancer and 3 have had more than one type,one had 3 kinds. I and my youngest brother are the only ones cancer free, so far! Not good percentages! All are still with us and I thank God for that.

Connie

• caliloo
    15 years ago

Glad to hear you are on the mend! I have been fortunate not to have gall issues - my mother suffers a lot with flare ups.

Take it slow and easy - you will heal much quicker!

Alexa

• hosta_freak
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks,everyone! I just removed the bandages today,the one week anniversary of the surgery. Everything looks pretty good under there! Some of the incisions still look iffy,but there are no stitches. I have a follow-up with the surgeon on Nov.4th,and by then,I should be completely healed,hopefully. Alexa,I hope you never have any gallbladder issues,but if you do,don't ignore the symptoms! It's too early to assess if things will be better,but I think it has to be! Phil

• playinmud
    15 years ago

Wow Phil, so glad you're doing well. And I'm glad you shared that with us. You are family as jel pointed out ;o) there was nothing long winded about your message.

PIM