Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
upnort_gw

pim's toilet woes reminds me...

upnort
15 years ago

When we first moved into our home the bathroom floor was a terrible looking 1950's linoleum that had a faint smell of urine. I decided to rip it out and underneath was painted a hideous school bus yellow over hardwood flooring. When the weather got cooler and we turned the heat on I noticed the urine smell was back. I decided to strip the paint off the floor and see what kind of shape the hardwood was and hopefully elminate the smell in the process. There were layers upon layers of paint on the floor and it took over a month to get behind, under and around the fixtures. Mind you, this is our only bathroom so I had to schedule this redo around busy times. The hardwood flooring was not in good enough shape to keep but the smell did seem to fade. After a few gallons of vingegar washing I decided to tile the floor and get rid of the mess and smell once and for all. After another month and half the project was complete. New floor but the urine smell was still there. Then one day I heard the strangest noise coming out of the bathroom, like rain on tin roof. I peeked my head in and there was my 2 1/2 yr old son peeing into the heat vent on the floor "Because it sounds funny!!!" He'll be 23 in November and we still talk about this. His name is Jon by the way, how appropiate!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz