Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hey_j

Oh yaaaahhhh! Now we're 'talking'! Graphic

Janice
17 years ago

Hostagalore1, has pointed out that we have this option now! I wonder how long we have and we've just not noticed?

I hope we can make good use of this "conversation forum"! I never want to offend anyone with OT's so I'm glad we finally

have a place "to go" for a good OT discussion!

Thank you, Garden Web, for listening and responding!!

{{gwi:891485}}

Comments (16)

• ademink
    17 years ago

rotflol...hey_j, you messed up my "I'm first" post b/c we posted at the same time! Now YOU are first! hehe

• Janice
    Original Author
    17 years ago

No, Andrea, you made it in "first"! Hard to "place" a "tie"! LOL

janice

• Janice
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wait a minute, when I opened this forum, your thread was above mine! What happened???

• Janice
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh, I see what's happening, duh!!! They are moving the threads over! Good idea,
    and I had wondered if they could do that--and they can!! Thanks GW!

janice

• sassy7142
    17 years ago

OK now heyj, give us some of you best graphics.
    I've always enjoyed them and have always wondered,
    "how'd she do that?" I do good to just send an email correctly. hehe.
    Bring em on girl. They'll be welcomed by all now.

Got to get out and dig up that last nematode-infested hosta and get it in the hot water.
    The other day I watched my hubby use his gas-powered post hole digger (auger) sp? and it dawned on me --well duh, why don't I get him to use that thing to dig me holes???? That thing has sure made planting much more easier, especially since my hubby is doing it. lol He doesn't mind doing it for me either. (even better)
    Yesterday, I heat treated 2 plants and during the treatment they kinda fell apart (got divided) so I ended up having 8 plants instead of 2. Hubby drilled me 8 holes for them. If they all live I'll have 8 new plants next year.

• Janice
    Original Author
    17 years ago

What a great idea, Sassy, for digging hosta holes!!! Another thing that you might just "love" is a wood-chipper! I'd have to go right out and buy another if anything happened to ours where I couldn't use it, not only for all the branches and trimmings on the trees and shrubs but for pine mulch! I use the "bark mulch" for planting the whiskey barrels, and pots etc. as well as for using in the hosta holes to loosen the clay and add a compostable material to break down eventually and add to the "quality" of the soils!

Oh, and you are sooo kind to give me "permission" to have fun with my graphics! I love doing them--did I
    need to say that? LOL I love the creative part, using Photoshop (self-teaching) and the fun of getting an idea,
    bouncing off something said that I want to have fun with in making a "hopefully" appropriate graphic!

I'd be very glad to help anyone who wants to learn to do something of the sort yourselves! It really isn't that
    difficult if you can "draw" with a pencil or pen otherwise!!!

janice

• hostasgalore1
    17 years ago

Comeone Janice!! You can do better then that with the graphics in a post :-P .. I don't think there's a unappropiate topic to discuss here

I'm betting allot of people here would like to do this to me :-).. LOL..

• Janice
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh wow, Jamie!! I love it! You're going to be fun, I can see!!! Glad to see this side of you! See, there is so much
    more to enjoy with one another! I have to believe that "hosta-folk" have to be the most interesting people and
    discovering the dimensions beyond hosta, will be great fun for all who are really interested in the sharing of ourselves!!!!

I have no problem with you, or your "thoughts"--that's how we all get to know one another better by "talking out" our thinking and sometimes it even makes us see both sides of any issue better! Why do you think we'd like to dunk you in
    ice water? LOL That is just too cute!!!!

More, Jamie, more of your grapics, pix of hosta, and anything else!!!!!! What fun!!!

janice

I'm out to work in the glorious sun--can't wait to run back in and see how we're doing over here!

• sassy7142
    17 years ago

I told the hubby, "Ya gotta see this!"
    That penquin clip had us in stitches over here.
    Sometimes ya just need a good "belly laugh" and that
    did it for us. Do you have more to share?

• goldedger
    17 years ago

Too funny Jamie (the penguins). Love it.

Always enjoy your graphics Janice.......guess we can see a lot more of them now!!

Sassy your hubby and mine have something in common (something I think a lot of men have in common) - a love of "power" tools.....LOL......I'll be sweeping the leaves off the deck with a broom and he'll offer to clean it with the "blower", any excuse to use those tools.

• goldedger
    17 years ago

P.S. Just showed my hubby the penguins.....more laughs.....always nice to go to bed laughing.

Nite all.

June

• silvergold
    17 years ago

love the penguins....always good to wake up laughing too!

• sassy7142
    17 years ago

My hubby fixed the penguin clip so I could email it all over the country for may family and friends to see.
    (He's the computer geek in the family) Also is saved on
    my desktop so I can see it every time I need a "lift"
    That is just the cutest thing that I've seen in a long time.

I emailed it to my hubby whos computer desk is 4' from mine.
    I just heard him giggling and looked over to see what he was giggling about. Sure enough, he's watching the penquins. Thanks Jamie

Here's a cool link to download. It's not funny, but quite interesting. We look at the FREE version. It's 14meg.
    http://earthgoogle.com

• tsbccowboy
    17 years ago

Sassy,

I think you misstyped the link. Try Googleearth.com.

This is a really fun download. I do most of my "travelling" this way.

Cowboy

Here is a link that might be useful: Google Earth

• sassy7142
    17 years ago

Oops, got the address backwards. Sorry 'bout that.
    Thanks Cowboy

• papou
    17 years ago

That's very interesting. I would like to learn how you guys do that. Any tips...Hostagalore1 and Janice? I also had a good laugh at the pinquin tapping the other at the back of the head....lol...

Papou