Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caliloo_gw

Another Secret Santa pressie!

caliloo
17 years ago

Yep, this elf put a package in the mail today... headed northwest of me!

HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE!

Alexa

Comments (37)

• megaul
    17 years ago

Gosh, are those cryogenics hostas? It's getting pretty cold here in areas northwest of Pennsylvania!

Hey, NW of PA!!! That could be me!

OK, all you little elves and elvkins, helpers of Santa, bring it on, baby! Everybody best be checkin' out their mailbox!

Alright, I'm swearing off the caffeine. Gettin' a little out of control here. Gotta get some sleep!

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

Will more hints be coming in the next day or two?

• caliloo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

You never know what the elves might do! Hints are certainly a possibility!

Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee!

A

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

Yes - we need more hints.....that's what makes the Santa threads sooooooo fun!

T

• hosta_freak
    17 years ago

I think you all are certified nuts!lol!,But then again,I just planted two Hydrangeas today,and it's supposed to be freezing tonight! However the cold snaps don't last here the way they do in the frozen tundra! Phil

• caliloo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Okay - first hint! In the state the package was sent to.....

Milk was adopted as the official state drink in 1984.

Alexa

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

They live in Wisconsin Although I knew PETA was trying to change the state drink to beer because it is healthier for you than milk - or so they say!

• caliloo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hmmmmm seems like more than 1 state may have chosen MILK as the official drink!

Here is a link that might be useful: state drink list

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

Wow! I didn't know that. I thought it was schnapps to help get us through the winter! I see it is the state drink of Mississippi also! One would think they would've picked the mint julep or something similar.

We do have a booth at the state fair where you can get all the milk you can drink for 50 cents!

• aka_margo
    17 years ago

I would think schnapps might be the state drink of Wisconsin too. At least for my grandma it might be. Anytime we were sick as kids she was always trying to give us blackberry schnapps. I think that is a German thing.

Perhaps if we want to keep warm we need to go to Alabama where the state drink is whiskey!

• newhostaaddict
    17 years ago

i was going to say California....

cause they have all the "Happy Cows"...

but now i see California's favorite drink is wine....

maybe That's Why the cows are "Happy"....lol...

jill

• buff24
    17 years ago

Any more clues on who the lucky recipient is???

Buff

• caliloo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Maybe.....

but maybe I'll let the "chips" fall where they may!

;-)

Alexa

• newhostaaddict
    17 years ago

hmmmmmmmmmmmm....let's see....

potato chips
    poker chips

chips ahoy,,,,mmmmmmmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

jill

• playinmud
    17 years ago

Maybe 'Tortilla Chip'?? That would go nicely with 'Guacamole' and 'Salsa'.

• User
    17 years ago

Chips (of varying sorts) conjures up a number of destinations .... Nevada.... California.... and Idaho .... however Pennsylvania has more potato chip manufacturers than any other state....

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

I always associate Pennsylvania with pretzels. I think Hanover is the pretzel capital of the world.

When I was young we would go to Pennsylvania because my mom is from there. We always brought these huge 5 gallon tins of pretzel sticks home and would take them our cabin. Of course with 12 kids the 5 gallon container did not last long.

• User
    17 years ago

Do they grow hosta in San Leandro, CA?

The hint "milk" and "chip" leads me to believe the secret santa pressie is going to the hometown of Ghiraldelli chocolate!

• Janice
    17 years ago

Must be Las Vegas! Milk and "chips"! That is what they serve at those "tables" isn't it???

janice

• playinmud
    17 years ago

Well, its definitely not NJ. We're not known for anything other than corrupt politicians. Sigh, so sad.

• daisy_me
    17 years ago

Uhhh, cow chips? Don't they have lots of cows in Wisconsin?

• megaul
    17 years ago

Gee, shouldn't it have gotten there by now? My curiosity is killing me!

• buff24
    17 years ago

Mine too!! Who is it??? On another post I saw that flowersformyfarm got a gift from Teresa, but Alexa says she put a gift in the mail too... Hmmm....

Buff

• caliloo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Funny that the assumption is that they were "live plants" that were sent........

Maybe it was something else???????????

LOLOLOL!

Alexa

• caliloo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here is a clue.............

"purinsesu, hime, oujo, himegimi, hidenka"

Alexa

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

Oooooooooooooohh! The torture continues! There is nothing in my mail today. Who else is from a state that declared milk it's state drink in 1984. It's got to be someone from Minnesota or Mississippi. I don't think we have a Miss forum member. Hmmmmmmmm. Who else is from Minnesota? Jel and phyllis? I can't think right now - my brain is fried!

• micke
    17 years ago

I don't care what anyone says, my state drink IS schnapps.
    (in my state of mind anyway)

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

Okay - everyone should've had their mail delivered by now. If you have not checked your mail get out there and check it now. The suspense is killing me!

Teresa

• buff24
    17 years ago

Was it newhostaddict from Wisconsin??

Buff

• newhostaaddict
    17 years ago

hi buff...

i got seeds from teresa elf....

isn't it the alexa elf's recipient we are waiting in suspense to hear from???...

jill

• caliloo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I guess that new delivery company - Llamas2U is a little slower than advertised ;-P

Maybe next week?

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

Well - I came home from work and opened the mailbox. There was a pink post office note saying there was a package under my steps. I went to look under my steps......there was NOTHING there!!!

Turns out my friend Doug had brought it in. And just in the nick of time.....I need something to guard the corn I put out for the bluejays.

That squirrel is going to have to go on rodent Weight Watchers if he gains another ounce!

Thank you Alexa! I love it!

Teresa

• caliloo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Woo hooo!!!

The pack llama finally found his way!

I'm really glad "she" finally got there. She was advertised as a Japanese Princess statue and I thought what could be more fitting in a hosta garden than a Japanese Princess.

Enjoy her and may she guard your hostas from voles and zaftig squirrels!

Alexa

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

Too funny! It looks more male than female. Give that girl some padding for her kimono! LOL

Teresa

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

Here is a clue.............
    "purinsesu, hime, oujo, himegimi, hidenka"

• caliloo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Online Translator Engligh to Japanese
    English ********** Japanese
    princess ********* purinsesu, hime, oujo, himegimi, hidenka

Sort of a reach, but they all seem to be words that mean "Princess" in Japanese

• tsneal
    17 years ago

Neat Alexa!!!!

Stephanie