Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hey_j

Let's see our 'computer zones'...

Janice
15 years ago

...or 'Hosta Forum-posting Central'? I'm inspired by 'Connie's' beautiful computer area

to want to get a 'look/see' into all our command centers where we construct our postings!

Things are too darn 'quiet' over here, since some of the more interesting topics are

not appropriate to our forum (gulp!) and, I'm hoping this will get us going, again!

Here are my two main message-construction and posting centers:

Let us be able to 'picture' you 'posting' on the 'other side' of the internet, too!

P.S. You were right, Shade! :o)

Comments (19)

• jel48
    15 years ago

Janice, your 'zones' look great. Nice and cozy :-)

I'm afraid I'm not ready to let anyone see mine! My office and one other room upstairs still have moving boxes stacked up and are a real mess! Things won't change until winter snows force us to spend more time indoors :-)

I'll share a couple of kitchen photos instead. It's CLOSE to where I sit when I'm posting :-)

• phil
    15 years ago

Well after looking at those two nice well kept places you will never see my office mess. Sorry, but my wife would kill me if I sent a picture of my rat hole.
    "phil"

• Janice
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL, Phil!! It can't be worse than the 'rat hole' I showed of my hubby's spot! He's not so 'into'
    the decor as the functionality of the area. Do you notice that the side panel of the computer is
    removed? It use to overheat and shut down all the time and since he did that, it's never shut down
    once! Not a source of beauty (fer shur) but it works--and that's fine with me, since it's in a room
    that the 'public' rarely ventures! LOL

Joyce--I can see how much you love your home--and it is wonderful! You have added such nice 'touches'
    to it, and its' personality is very warm and inviting! I'd love to sit down at your kitchen table with a hot
    cup of coffee and some warm apple pie and personally take in all that you've done!

Thank you for letting us in to see your lovely home this way!!! :o) And, you've opened the way for folks
    to get to see and enjoy any room that suits anyone to share with us! That's a 'good thing'! :o)

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

This is so nice to see where every one sends their thoughts our way,i have a lot of out side work to do today, but i will send a pic. of my command center later to night.
    Jel48,OMG,I used to have that same Buffet,no kidding!I sold mine several years ago when we had an antique store,the same with your other piece,only the top was missing from mine,it was a libary table.To funny eh?
    Love your home,soft and commfy looking.

Are there two Jel's here?
    Jel 48 and another?I am a bit confused,not unusual at all for me,lol

Janice, your command center is soooo nice,i can see you posting away like mad,ha ha
    I really like this thread.
    Carol

• jel48
    15 years ago

Just one of me Carol :-) I've had the same email address for years and I signed up for GW quite a long time back, never thinking to be more imaginative I just used the email address. Jel used to be my initails and the provider added on the 48, I suppose because they already had a jel.

That IS funny about the buffet! Gary has been collecting antiques for years and has some really nice pieces. Our kitchen, dining room, and guest room are all antiques, while the living room, den (which we call the doggie room or cozy room - because it's small and the dogs sleep there at night) and two bedrooms are newer furniture. My office is a mismosh of both. So, I guess we have an eclectic style :-)

Janice, thanks so much for the nice compliments. We do love our home. It's a hundred plus years old, has been well taken care of and fixed up a little, and is just full of charm and character. We don't have much up on the walls yet, and a lot of boxes are still stacked in a couple of rooms, but it snows a lot here and we plan to do more 'settling in' when we can't get outdoors so much this winter. And you are welcome to come on over for coffee and apple pie any time you like!

jel, jel48, joycelk (work id), Joyce - there Carol, all of me signed the post :-)

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

ok{{gwi:895504}},

Well, i finally found a few min. to post my picture guys.
    This is where i am sitting right now,nothing fancy,this is where i laugh and cry and marvel at each and every one of you,who inspire me and some i shake my head at. :0)
    I should have dusted,and straighten it up a bit,but no time.What you see is how it looks every day,ha ha
    Carol

• Janice
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OOoooh! I love your 'space', Carol!! I wish I could peruse your cd's and your stack of books,
    of which I do spot some of your hosta info. sources!
    What's the book on the top of that stack--nosey--ain't I!!LOl

And the CD showcased--has the word 'truth' in it! Wass that one, too, if you don't mind me looking
    through your 'stuff'? That is a CD isn't it?

Love your lamp!!!!!!

Thank you, Carol, for a 'look/see' into your life on the computer with us!!! :o) So glad,
    you've joined the 'hosta-forum-family'! :oD

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

Oh Janice, again you made me laugh out loud,you are sooooo funny.
    The DVD,showcased,is "An Inconvenient Truth"by Al Gore,showcased,only, because my cd holder is full,but well worth watching if you have not already.
    The book on top of my other books is a well know and often read,''Webster's New World Dictionary",ha ha,because spell check is not always accessible, and you better believe me when i say i use this book alot!Yea, i know, i need to use it more than i do, but eh,sometimes i just feel lazy.
    Thanks for the complement about my lamp, i picked that up at the Salvation Army,a couple of years ago,i have a miss mash of style,i buy what i like,even if it does not match any thing else i have.ha ha

I too, am so happy to have found you guys,and that you are all(mostly)so accepting of the short comings we all have.
    Carol

• mctavish6
    15 years ago

I finally took a couple shots. Sorry, I didn't clean.

• Janice
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This is so cool!!! McT--thank you for joining in, to allow us to wander in YOUR computer niche,
    too! Being prone to take in a lot, (visually), I think I spotted another camera, under your
    monitor, maybe? :o) I can't imagine you're ever without at least one! I'd love to see more pages
    of your calendar, too!

And, Carol--you're a hoot, and a bright spot to this forum! I hope you never tire of us! :o)

• wildflower59
    15 years ago

Since I like to spend time here...I decided to make the space MINE!!! I so love it and each year I just change out those pictures on the wall of my garden. At least I wont get bored.

wild

• hostasformez4
    15 years ago

Wildflower,

Love you faux hosta and pictures. What a smart idea to show your favorite hostas in pictures. If you don't mind I will do that myself next year. How fun an idea that is.

Connie

• Janice
    Original Author
    15 years ago

'Wild'--what a soothing shade of green and a very soothing spot to spend time 'talk'n hosta' in!
    Seems very appri-po (sp)! Oh, heck--how fitting!!! :o)

Is that a jar of 'pickled hosta' on your desk? (grin) Oh, and I love your 'view' out the window, too!!!

Thanks for opening up your hosta themed computer-den for us--very lovely, for sure!

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

What nice rooms we all have eh?This posting is nice,thanks Janice for setting it up.
    Wildflower,your area is absoutley georgus,so quiet and relaxing LOVE your color combo, and your inspiring signs.
    Carol

• mctavish6
    15 years ago

It's fun looking at all these beautiful rooms. All different yet all very nice. Wild, I especially love the color of your room. It's strong yet peaceful like Janice says. It strikes me everytime I look at it. It reminds me of my Mom who's been gone 19 years. It was a color she would have picked. I'm kind of jealous of being able to paint walls. All the walls here,with a very few exceptions, are wood. I've even thought of white washing a wall or two but so far haven't done it. I love the wood look too.

Janice, you're right that is another camera. That's the first one I had (that took great pictures). The one I'm using most of the time now is smaller and flatter and easier to carry. It also takes closer close-up's.

• jel48
    15 years ago

I'm enjoying them all too! I'd love to spend time with each one of you in your home and garden, and have you visit me in mine too. Wouldn't that be fun?

Keep them coming, folks!

• Janice
    Original Author
    15 years ago

re: "I'd love to spend time with each one of you in your home and garden, and have you visit me
    in mine too. Wouldn't that be fun?"

Oh YEAH, Joyce--that WOULD be fun! Could we visit your cabin in the woods, too? ;o)

• jel48
    15 years ago

Any time, Janice!

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

I know what you mean Mactavish,
    I have very little wal space that can be painted,so, when i see something i really,really,like, like wildflowers room, i wish i could paint,but then the felling goes away,ha ha
    I have a fauk(foe)not sure of the spelling-sorry-, finish on my frontroom walls that looks like stone,i really like it, but sometimes i want something with a WOW! affect.Most of the inside wall space is pine.
    I get the same felling when i go into a house bigger than mine,i want "bigger",my home is very small, but then i think of all the house work,and,naa,i am fine with small,lol
    Carol