Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
playinmud

Questions about catalogues

playinmud
17 years ago

I've heard mentioned at times that some of you receive catalogues to look through the hostas for the upcoming season, and I'd LOVE to be on those mailing lists. So I'd like to know, (1) which places have catalogues and (2) do they cost you anything to order them?

Thanks!

Donna

Comments (8)

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

Klehms Nursery - hosta plus a ton of peonies - the most beautiful catalog in the world - will cheer anyone up in the doledrums of winter. songsparrow.com

Naylor - they charge $5 but then you get a coupon. Just as easy to view it online when it's put on in January.

Those are hard copy catalogs. More and more people are doing online - easier and less expensive in the long run.

• playinmud
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Teresa, I'll make a note of those. I agree online catalogues are the way its all going to be sooner than later, but its nice to curl up with a "book" to make notes and plans for future hostas.

Anyone recommend any others?

Donna

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

Email Papou. He has a cut and paste of numerous websites.

T

• hosta_freak
    17 years ago

I got one for free when I was at Wade and Gatton's nursery,last year,but then I was already there! Phil

• hostarox
    17 years ago

Donna, I know what you mean about wanting "hard copy" to curl up with in the off season. Nothing better than a plant catalog to get you dreaming of better days to come!

I get ALOT of Hosta catalogs every year, and it's because I have been a customer. I've never paid for a catalog yet. Well, I do have the Wade's 10.00 one, but a friend gave it to me after He visited there. I would email a few nurseries and ask to be put on their list for the 2007 catalogs. They start coming in December.
    Some good ones are Hilltop Farm, Hallson's, Bridgewood, Northern Grown Perennnials, Plant delights, and Eagle Bay.
    Naylor's I even download and print so I can look through it while watching tv or whatever. I do have a reason for all this madness.....my Christmas gift every year for the past 7 has been Gift Certificates. DH usually "buys" me one for my main gift, then I add to it behind his back LOL! Last year I had 600.00 to play with. Sure helps beat the winter blahs!
    Rox

• playinmud
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Teresa, I'll pop Papou a note.

And Phil, thank you, but its not fair of you to rub it in that you're able to drive there in person! LOL! Wish I had a place to visit that was close at hand.

Wow Rox, I sure could buy some mighty fine hostas with that amount! Sigh, how does one ask for a gift certificate in a civilized manner??

I'll start to peruse the web and look for mailing lists. Gotta think of keeping my sanity when the snow starts to fly! Curled up on the couch with a cup of tea sounds like the remedy for me.

• hostarox
    17 years ago

http://myhostas.net/hostalinks.htm

This site links to most vendors worldwide, and anything else Hosta.

The gift certificate thing is easy. DH does NO shopping what so ever, not even for his mother. I just take the money and spend it. Mine from Naylors last year was from me, to me and that's the way they addressed it!! LOL!

• i_dig_it
    17 years ago

I currently get Plant Delights, Klehm's Song Sparrow and Wayside Gardens. If anyone knows other places that do send out printed catalogs, please post them. Many places do not do catalog mailings, but it sure is nice to get those catalogs in the middle of winter and start dreaming of what new ones to add in the year ahead.

I found this list on the Hostas Galore website. Use the link and scroll down to the list of 138 US sellers!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hostas Galore

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths