Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tmaki

Name for this page of Gardenweb

Teresa_MN
17 years ago

I emailed Alexa and mentioned something about the CF - meaning the conversation forum. She thought as first I meant the cooking forum!

It got me thinking - what if we should have a special name for this page..... of course it still could be CF....maybe Alexa is the only one with food on the brain because she has two hungry kids.

A few suggestions:

Conversation - the obvious - that's the name of the link that brings you here.

CF

Hosta Chat

GW Chat

Graphics Utopia - just had to throw that in J!

H&M (hostas and more)

Or maybe I should just shut up and go back to work.

T

Comments (12)

• playinmud
    17 years ago

Good idea T...what about the potting shed, garden chat, you know maybe something "gardeny"? Or "At the Fence"? I chat with my neighbors at the fence...you all are my neighbors. Maybe the "garden table"...we chat alot around the table.

Anyway, just to get the creative juices flowing for everyone. ;^D

PS: While we're at it is there a way to change the hosta pic at the corner of the hosta forum? That is a sad hosta representative. There are so many dramatic ones out there.

• i_dig_it
    17 years ago

I kind of like Hosta Chat, since we all originated from the Hosta Forum and it's because of our Hostas we all became friends....of course we don't always talk about hosta here, so maybe it needs another name....hmmmm.....
    Hostas & More
    Hosta Pals
    The OT Gang, lol

Just a few I came up with.

Janet

• hosta_freak
    17 years ago

Speaking of this page,and we are,how do you bookmark this page,so that you don't have to go to the main hosta forum page every time you log on? When I try to add it to my favorites,it only recognizes gardenweb,and says"you already have a listing for gardenweb? Just a thought! Phil

• chocolateis2b8
    17 years ago

I'm kind of liking over the fence, I too spend many hours chatting with neighbors over the fence. And isn't that what we have become, neighbor?

• playinmud
    17 years ago

Phil, I did that and it said the same thing, you just have to click the button to overwrite that one...or rename it in the line that pops up and save it.

• Janice
    17 years ago

How about "Garden Party"? And, I like "Potting Shed" and "Over the Fence", as well!

janice

• newhostaaddict
    17 years ago

i'm for GW OT GANG...

i can't seem to remember which is the main forum...conversations or discussions...too much the same...
    i have to keep flipping back and forth...

well...i guess i won't miss anything that way...lol...

jill

• caliloo
    17 years ago

There already is a Garden Party forum I think... or there was one.

Speaking of which, are you all familiar with the sister site? That is actually how I found GW... through the Cooking Forum over there. Lots of great info that isn;t garden related.

Alexa

Here is a link that might be useful: That Home Site!

• soccamutha
    17 years ago

I'm a little punchy..."Random Acts of Hosta"?

Becky

• sassy7142
    17 years ago

"over the fence" has my vote.

• papou
    17 years ago

How about 'This and That'

• megaul
    17 years ago

I know! How about 'The Hosta Forum'?

JUST kidding! LOL!

Seriously, I favor "Over the Fence" or Garden Chatter".