Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mctavish6

Wishes and Questions

mctavish6
17 years ago

Hello everyone. I see I have lots to catch up on. Meanwhile I'd like to wish everyone in Canada a belated Happy Thanksgiving on Monday - and the US Happy Columbus Day. I haven't been around much because I've been enjoying a visit from a dear friend - she flew home to San Franscisco yesterday. Yesterday was also my husband and my 30th anniversary (I have seen reference to anniversaries recently on this forum). One of my sons' has been home for a bit before leaving for Alberta oil fields to work for the winter. Fall has certainly arrived with BEAUTIFUL weather and georgeous scenery. I took this picture yesterday afternoon on my daily walk to the corner. This is technicaly a public road but since we are the only ones living on it and it dead ends at our house, I think of it as my driveway. This barn belongs to the nearest neighbors at the corner, 1/4 mile away. It is a favourite subject of my photos as it seems to make everything look like a post card.

My questions have semi- been answered on a couple of the posts I've quickly looked at but I've wondering about the division of hosta and non-hosta and which forums to post things on. I don't want to annoy anyone and all the talk of being kicked off and repremanded (and sent to Disneyland - I worked there in high school) annoys me! From the little bit I've been able to see lately, this forum seems more open to all subjects INCLUDING HOSTA and in general, more friendly. I have many pictures I want to share that are clearly not about hostas but I do want to post about our naughty BLACK BEAR and his visit. It will be about the bear but part of it is showing what happens when a big old bear sits on your hostas - so there's hostas involved as well. Are there any cut and dried rules I need to know about or can I just post it here?

Again - I hope all canadian readers are stuffed with turkey as I am. McTavish

PS are these pictures a little too big?

{{gwi:895973}}

Comments (5)