Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caliloo_gw

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

caliloo
17 years ago

If you haven't read the "Recipe Favorites" thread, you may not have seen the Pumpking Whoopie Pies posted by Hostabuf.

Well... I saw, I made, I ate.

OMGOMGOMGOMG! THEY ARE UNBELIEVABLE! The cake-y park is perfectly soft and almost spongey, the filling is awesome, I had to force myself to stop after one... I could have eatem myself to bursting on these things!

Definitely give them a try... they are soooooooooooooo goooooooooood!

(Sorry the piccy is blurry - I think the batteries are dying)

{{gwi:896146}}

Comments (8)

• caliloo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh yea, I forgot to add that I left the nutmeg out of the filling since I don't care for it. I think I could have eaten a bowl full of that cinnamon-y goodness all by itself!

I'm really glad they are all going to the Cub Scout Halloween Party tonight, I would have to add about 20 miles to my normal daily walk to burn of all the calories I would comsume if they were in the house LOLOLOL!

Thanks again for posting that awesome recipe!

Alexa

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

Those do look good. I'm going to pass that along to 2 of my nieces. They each have a little boy they bake for!

• User
    17 years ago

Alexa, Thanks for the compliments on the recipe...Your reaction is the same reaction I got from 25 people at an adult halloween party... This time of year I also like to send a couple trays to my daughters at college because the college kids love them too! I have yet to try them out on anyone under 16 - let me know how the scouts liked them. I do believe the secret to the recipe is the filling (I combined ingredients from a couple different recipes).

• User
    17 years ago

Alexa,
    P.S. I can't wait to try your biscuit recipes for Thanksgiving and I am a nut for fruit cake so that recipe is a must!

• klas8405
    17 years ago

Just made them, also. Waiting to cool so I can add the filling. Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait!!!!!

karla

• Janice
    17 years ago

Okay, Karla--what's the verdict????

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

Hey Karla - glad you made it over to conversations! Seems like just yesterday I was at your house buying hostas!

Teresa

• klas8405
    17 years ago

I totally agree!!! Wonderful. I finished filling them the same evening. Everyone had to try one....Hubby likes the pumpkin "cookie" the best! Son likes the filling (of course). I find it hard to decide (I think I like the entire "package".

Ya, Teresa. So hard to have everything put away for the following year. I have already ordered new ones for next year. WORK, WORK, and more WORK! See you next year.
    karla